Best upgrading plan for a student?

Ah, sorry for my poor wording! I’d completely forgotten that the internet can be a corrupt place! I was indeed referring to the sale! Thanks for clarifying for me @rfindley. You read my mind!

1 Like

You’re welcome! And yes, @LucasDesu makes a great point about the pro-ration of the Lifetime purchase if you’re swapping from yearly to Lifetime - that will apply whether there is a sale or not! (So if there isn’t a sale, $300-79 = $221, going with his previous example.)

2 Likes

Honestly, I go with monthly. I know myself too well- it’s very possible I just shut down at some point. I’m doing my best to avoid that outcome,but in that case the lifetime subscription would be a complete and total waste. In general, I try not to pay for anything unless I know I’m going to use it, even if that means I’ll pay more in the long run. This philosophy, in general, has saved me more money than it’s cost me- with wanikani I’m hoping it’s the opposite, of course.

So ultimately, if you stick around for the longrun, the lifetime is the most cost efficient, especially on sale. If you don’t make it to the end, the monthly is better. Hopefully it’s the former, but the reality is that most people don’t make it to the end.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.