(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Hey now, there’s always the losers’ category…

1 Like

I will vote in the second round if I have to

2 Likes

What happens if there’s a tie there? :thinking:

Well it says “If there’s a tie in the losers’ bracket I add both”

So it could end up being a busy few days for Raionus.

1 Like

You know what to do.

3 Likes

Well, not at the same level as @TamanegiNoKame, but still happy about it:
vocab500
That being said:
oneday
Welp. That’s my life now D:

2 Likes

I fucked up something in floflo :cold_sweat:

Sorry @Raionus, could you help a little ?

I had a lot of card with hiragana in the “word” field and kanji in the “reading” field because I guess those words appear in hiragana in the book. So, during review, I only got meaning review as expected.

I got so annoyed at all those hiragana words that I manually edited each card and switch them so that the kanji version was back in the “word” field and hiragana in “reading”. It seemed to work, because now I have two cards during review one for meaning and one for reading… But there an issue : the reading card is always marked wrong, even if I put the right answer :cold_sweat:

So for example I had a card like this :

しいて
強いて
by force​

(There was also some ‘;’ here and there, but I don’t remember exactly where)
I manually transformed it to be like this :

強いて
しいて
by force​

Now, during reading review, if I input “shiite” it’s transformed correctly into しいて, but this answer is always marked wrong by floflo.

Yeah that was the issue. The semi-colon is necessary part of the reading field because it tells the SRS where definitions end. Anyway, I went in and added them back in so it should work for you now. The fact that you could manually delete them was an oversight on my part. I should’ve made it automatically add them back in.

Anyway, if you have any more problems with readings check out the word in question and make sure the semi-colons aren’t missing.

I’ll work on a countermeasure in the meantime that’ll stop users from doing that again.

2 Likes

Other than breaking everything, this is a really good idea. I have got to start using the edit functionality more!

1 Like

Yes, but one of the fun things about being the initial testers is that you’re expected to try and break everything. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks !! I did a review, it worked fine !

Out of curiosity, in the reading field, words ends with semi-colon, but sometimes they also start with one (for example やおや ;八百屋; 1. greengrocer)

Semi-colon at the beginning also have a special meaning ?

Edit : There is also a small bug in the edit window. If you change the text of a field but don’t press enter and instead click somewhere else, it still show the old text.

No special meaning really. Just helps you track which definitions are which.

Not really a bug. It just tracks the original text and the edited text separately. It doesn’t commit the edited text until you press enter.

Anyway the whole thing’s just really ugly so expect a complete overhaul eventually.

1 Like

I can’t scroll down on the site anymore - there is no scroll bar on the right and the mouse wheel doesn’t work either. Reviews and lessons are still working just fine, but this makes it impossible to add new words(and look at other books than the top three).

To add some positivity here, I’ll also mention how this is a really nice site:)
(Don’t want to make it seem like I’m just complaining!)

2 Likes

Can confirm, also can’t scroll anymore

It was working just fifteen minutes ago :scream:

Y I K E S

Anyway, it’s fixed. Thanks for notifying me.

2 Likes

Is it possible to get trashed items back? Or ignored ones?

Because I think I’ve trashed items which I did not yet know…

Also, what is the difference of trash and remove in the vocabulary? When using one of them, both say that the item will be deleted.

1 Like

Under lessons there’s a trash tab in which you can select words for revival

Trashing marks a word as ‘known’ and it won’t appear on vocabulary lists or during reviews.

Remove just disassociates it with your account entirely so it can show up on any book’s vocabulary list again.

Revive (which Kumirei mentioned) just puts a trashed item back in the lesson queue.

@patrons

Poll Announcements:

Last Month’s winner was Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (tsubasa bunko edition). I’ll have the list up soon.

New polls open for this month:

Poll: First New Book Selection

• Sydney by Haruki Murakami
  • Norwegian Wood Haruki Murakami
  • Shin Sekai Yori (pls vote)
  • Snow Country by Kawabata

Loser’s Bracket @Radish8 @simon (no idea who you are on wanikani)

• Yahari ore no Seishun Love Comedy asdkfj;adslfjsal;df
  • Oborotsuki Shiyakusho Youkaika
  • Overlord

Next Week: Second New Book Poll

• Baccano
  • Durarararararararararararara
  • Oreshura
    And anything else people recommend before the poll opens up.
3 Likes