It is great to hear audio for vocabulary in Wanikani. I let it wash over me, imagine it sinking in to my mind caves for future recall.
However audio plays once the relevant kanji has disappeared. In my experience it plays around 0.5 of a second after the next item to be reviewed has appeared.
My fear is that as I decipher the new kanji in front of me, my brain will somehow erroneously connect it to the audio still playing from the previous slide.
- Is this paranoia reasonable?
- Is my browser being sluggish?
- Is it actually a clever and intentional learning feature of Wanikani?
- Is it an ongoing server issue that the correct people are aware of and are actively working to resolve?
- Is there a workaround or fix that I can do to improve the situation?
Thank you, and I’m new here, so be gentle if I did something wrong!