Aria the Masterpiece: Chapter 20 Discussion

I think it’s awesome that they reintroduced the fantasy element right at the end. It hooks people (the ones like me at least) to keep reading. :smile:

4 Likes

I tried my best

5 Likes

Thank you!
The bill for my physiotherapist will be in the post :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

喜び! :grinning:
I finished!
Reading Aria is more fun than studying for the JLPT.
I really enjoyed this chapter. I actually started reading it late last night and started falling asleep at the bit where they were explaining Cassanova so that’s where I put my bookmark and went to bed, so when I started reading the chapter again today from where I’d left off I’d kind of forgotten about Cait Sith and アリア社長 taking off so I was actually pleasantly suprised by the reveal.
I hope we get to see more of the 妖精さん in future episodes!
Speaking of which, I’ll be looking forward to the next volume when we start reading it. I should be back to the normal schedule once the JLPT is out of the way.

4 Likes

Reading Aria is studying for the JLPT.

Did I ever tell you the story about how I was playing 二ノ国 on my DS to unwind a bit immediately before my N3 exam started? Encountered 生える in the game, which is a reading for 生 I’d never encountered before - and guess what was literally question number one in the exam.

5 Likes

That’s so cool.
Maybe I can justify getting a Nintendo Switch now.

2 Likes

While I’m still not quite caught up, I’ve finally actually finished volume 2 now! Too bad I don’t have volume 3 with me at the moment, so I can’t actually catch up just yet.(Make I can ask my brother to take it with him when he comes to visit over the weekend?:thinking: If not, I don’t think I’ll have too much trouble catching up later, but it’s also fun to actually comment on the chapter threads while everyone else is reading the chapter)

Also, reading this chapter made me realise just how much better I’ve gotten at reading Japanese over the last few months. I think it took me fifteen minutes or so to get through the first chapter of volume 1 at the start of the summer… and I read the last three chapters of volume 2 in less than 90 minutes total just now, so I’d say that’s quite an improvement(both in reading speed and understanding, even if there obviously still are a few things I need to look up).

At this rate, I’ll definitely give the intermediate book club a try when it starts back up again!(at least I think it was going to continue at some point? At least I hope so.).

Also, I should probably say something about the actual chapter too. It was a pretty fun chapter, and while it was a bit easy to guess who it was, seeing Caith Sith make another appearance was cool. Seeing the different kinds of masked used throughout the chapter was also interesting - even if there wasn’t huge difference in what they looked like, there were at least a few different designs.

2 Likes

@Naphthalene and I may have some vague plans related to that.

3 Likes

Guess I’ll just have to look forward to finding out what they are, then.

1 Like

Feel free to send me a pseudo PM if you want more details. It’s not a secret or anything, there’s just not a good thread to discuss it right now.

2 Likes