Another reason why I love One Piece 💕

just learned the vocab for to squeeze/to wring out (しぼる) and I immediately was like "wait I heard the word shibo somewhere":joy:

IMG_20191025_020343

IMG_20191025_020345

8 Likes

Speaking of OP: am currently watching the anime. Just getting to Arlong’s park!!

9 Likes

I am a one piece fanatic, and it’s surprising how much it had actually helped me remember things. When I learnt 牛, I could remember Luffy screaming “USHIIIII” when he made friends with the bull on dressrosa. I also used Kaku from CP9 to remember the reading and meaning for 角, because he was a very angular giraffe with lots of corners and the Kanji kind of looks like a square giraffe :joy:
And I will never, EVER forget how to say 肉!

8 Likes

I just wanted to drop in and say I love One Piece too. It’s my favorite actually! I watch the dub though – don’t judge please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few months back I thought about checking it out. Then I saw there’s 900+ episodes. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I’m up to date with the manga, so it’s a bit easier for me to start the anime :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Gotta watch the whole thing so you can go to Tokyo Tower and enjoy the theme park inside.

4 Likes

Oml I literally just got back from watching STAMPEDE at the mall theatre. Seen it yet?

2 Likes

Oh man, you’re in for a journey. Enjoy!

1 Like

I have my ticket! Tomorrow (today, Ugh I stayed up too late) is the first showing here! I was ecstatic when I found out they would have subbed showings! :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Make sure you are watching One Pace instead of One Piece. It is a cut version by some good people. They cut all the excessive static shots and things which drag time (like talking for 20 minutes straight with very long pauses).

1 Like

I also started One Piece some weeks ago! I only watched 4 episodes tho because I don’t have that much time ;-; But it’s so good!

1 Like

oh wow that’s awesome. It’s my absolute favorite franchise. I hope you like it so far ^^

edit: I didn’t scroll down so I missed that you already catched up with the manga. re-watching it is a good idea though. I always enjoy re-watching shows I finished ages ago to see how much my listening comprehension improved.

lmaooo I thought I was the only one who did that. yess kaku and ushi were realy easy to remember bc of one piece. we love to see it :handshake:t5:

1 Like

I watche it like a month ago and it was SOO GOOD. I enjoyed every second of it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Jesus, I have been watching one piece for 20 years now. Talk about a lifelong commitment.

3 Likes

Never!!! I prefer to watch it as it was intended. Also, it’s not really recommended for new people, and I’m watching this with my SO who knows nothing about OP.

3 Likes

Same, although in my case it was 麦 that I remembered, since everybody calls Luffy “mugiwara” xD

Every time I want to go back to it, I want to start from the beginning again but last time I stopped at around 300 I think. You sure do need time to watch everything!
If I recall correctly, when I started watching there were 150 episodes already, but that was my last long vacation and I could watch them all over the summer ^^

Holy hell. I remembered 麦 kanji thanks to mugiwara as well!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.