Ah! Everything looks different!

Idk I prefer the new menu looks a bit more sleek. Only lacks the level indicator imo

2 Likes

Haha, no, I did not make it, I just use it too, and Valeth (who made it) doesn’t seem to be around anymore. If he doesn’t pick it back up I might keep doing maintenance, though. Fixing the menus is not a priority right now, as I am working on my bachelor’s thesis. I might do it later, though

2 Likes

Honestly i dont mind the logo itself so much but oh god it doesnt match the rest of the dashboard at all…

Edit: Didnt realize it matches the color scheme they just reverted. Much more understandable. Im sure theyll think of something.

2 Likes

I really hope they give back the progress buttons. They were important to me :cry:

3 Likes

Maybe you should rethink what you said about the power that we have as a subscriber. They’re running a business, not a alt-right party, after all they still need the subscribers to pay for their salary.

Anyway, glad to hear that the previous colors are coming back. It’s really nice to get a reply for the team this quick!

1 Like

Just thought I’d let you know that with [Userscript] Self-Study Hide Info installed, you can still quiz yourself on the Radicals/Kanji/Vocab pages :+1:

Self-Study-quiz rescued. YEIH.

3 Likes

I just deactivated tampermonkey to throw a glance at the new dashboard without any scripts. After activating (?) it again and seeing that the community link was added like it used to be, I got back to my reviews and here you go:

The colors seem to be the old ones?! Yeah I already did a round of reviews with those new, irritating, eye hurting, unable to concentrate colors…

Edit: Since I am sort of a Non Believer, I already refreshed the page multiple times and yeah, lovely, it seems like the old ones are set. At least for now!
Thanks you all high grade grabigator servants!!!

3 Likes

Maybe the return of a certain… bot… of some kind?

3 Likes

Not loving the new look of the dashboard. I miss the previous design already.

This broke my dark theme.
F

1 Like

Indeed, they already rolled it back.

I was about to do a review when I noticed the new colors and decided to make a userscript to change them back…but in the time it took me to piece together a CSS class from the WaniKani screenshots thread, everyone had already convinced the staff that this was a bad move

7 Likes

We’re getting somewhere

1 Like

Clicking on the logo takes you to wanikani.com (no dashboard). Try adding “/dashboard” at the end of the URL in the address bar. Or you can click on Reviews or Lessons then click on the Dashboard button rather than Start Session.

I’m using Safari.

1 Like

I’m trying to change the logo, but I’m a complete noob…
Want to teach me? :see_no_evil:

They could have made an ukiyo-e style crabigator in white-black-red instead of a burger joint logo in red-white-blue…

8 Likes

This is not surprising. I’ll have to take a look later.

2 Likes

Open Framework runs on all pages, so if a particular script isn’t working, the author will need to add that URL to their script. But really, I think most people already include both of those URLs in their script. It may just be that it’s currently broken on both URLs, but your cache is still helping scripts work on one but not the other.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, those navigation bar animations are hella swag.

29 Likes

Yup, one of the few good changes.

2 Likes

You can just add it to the end of whatever theme you’re using. You should be able to open your extension which houses your themes, go to edit the theme, and append the CSS I posted.

2 Likes