About fast levels

Yeah, that’s where I got the numbers from, I was just wondering if something had changed hahah, I’m still confused with the time that’s showing in the Fastest tab on wkstats tho, maybe it’s just wrong? I’m also a bit sad because, as a really competitive person, I wanted to have the fastest level 60 “time”, but I’m not sure if it’s possible with the “extra” 6 days from the removed 2 fast levels (and I also lost a few hours in some levels)…

1 Like

What version are you using of wkstats? https://www.wkstats.com/ or https://www.wkstats.com:10001? The latter uses API version 2, so it might be more up to date with level info.

I’m 99,9% sure that info is correct though. One of the last kanji updates made the 41 no longer a fast level. I kept that info on my guide up to date :slight_smile:

About not being the fastest user ever, I just usually make sure I’m one of the fastest at several things in my life, not the fastest at 1 or 2. People will think of you as even crazier :eyes:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

16 Likes

Oh, I actually didn’t know about the update website, thanks a lot! Too bad the Progression tab has a broken link, but I’m sure it’ll be fixed when possible :slight_smile: . And yeah, that makes sense. It’s probably the former wkstats being a bit imprecise.

And about being the fastest, it was just a good external motivation source, I guess. I’ll still use the cute graphs as motivation to keep my level ups at 6h20m! :smiley:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who thought that lmao

3 Likes

Is the new version broken for you?

This is what the JLPT chart looks like

And my “time to level up” is several days off

Both my time to level up and JLPT chart are correct. Maybe try the “Refresh Data” option or logging off and on again? That’s a really weird bug nonetheless…

(´・ω・`)

2 Likes

That sentence quoted like that made me feel as if I was being extremely self-centered :grimacing: lol

Working here, I just checked. Maybe report in the main thread.

2 Likes

So I just pulled up wkstats after reading this thread and realize I must’ve played around with WaniKani back in 2017 and then forgot about it so my numbers of how long I’m on a level and such is very off. Like it thinks it’s going to take me over 500 days to level up again. LOL! Will this eventually get closer to where it should be or would resetting help? I didn’t think about resetting when I started because I honestly didn’t realize I had started.

You can click on individual levels to exclude them from the calculation, so that they’re not skewing your averages. ^^

1 Like

Thanks Omun… I actually just noticed that after posting. My first level took me 1041 days it says but it actually was a week or less. LOL!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s really long! Hahaha. I honestly think you could benefit from resetting to level 1, seeing as you aren’t too far off yet. Learning all the initial level’s items again could be good, and then you’d have more accurate graphs about your progress. Your choice tho, I guess I’m a bit OCD about those kinds of thing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OCD tendencies was kinda why I was thinking about resetting but… if I do then levels two and three won’t be completely accurate either because I can go through them faster now likely. I may still do so as I am should be done with level three in a few days anyway and won’t be subscribing until the Christmas sale.

Well, it’s your choice! Going fast isn’t necessarily bad, as it’d just basically be revision time for ya. Just be sure to have fun with wanikani :blush:

1 Like

Is this still correct? I just queried the API, and unless I made a mistake, it looks like level 41 is a fast level. Maybe they changed it again. I count 3 kanji with on-level dependencies and 29 without.

3 Likes

I get the same thing

2 Likes

Nope, that post is no longer fully correct. The Guide is up to date however, and you’re right that level 41 is also a fast level now :smiling_face:

By now, 41 is normal

1 Like

Yes, I’m aware. My quote didn’t get updated but my guide doesn’t have a mention of level 41 being a fast level since July of last year :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time to message though! Appreciate it :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.