A diary from level 1 to level 60

What will you do to achieve this goal? WK alone is not enough.

1 Like

Hi radish, Iā€™ve learned 2 new phrases in your sentences. To drum in and a grain of salt. Ty for your advice.

1 Like

Ya I did, from 24 to lv 20. You can find my account of what happened in some previous posts of mine.

Haha, Iā€™m so sorry! I am literally having a conversation on an online course right now about how English is awful because itā€™s full of idioms, and how itā€™s really difficult as an English speaker to notice/remove them.

So Iā€™m very sorry for using such obscure language, and I hope youā€™re able to put your newfound knowledge to good use :wink:

Edit: crap, is ā€œput to good useā€ an idiom?!

Well there is a concrete road in the japanese learning community in my country of how to achieve N2. Well, what I mean is that there are some fixed kinds of textbook and practice materials for me to study to achieve n2 e.g. The shinkanzen series, soumatome, dokkai 55+, mimikara series, etc.

Haha itā€™s totally fine. English is a really wonderful language. I wouldnā€™t have learned much about anything without it. Oh is the former sentence correct? xD put into good use is a good phrase, at least I remember I have learned it.

1 Like

I would suggest maybe holding off on N2 and trying for N3. I donā€™t know how much you study off WaniKani, so take the rest with a grain of salt. But, assuming that you are going at max speed from here to early July thatā€™s about 14 levels. That will put you at about level 35 which is 95% N3 kanji, 70% N2 kanji and 3700 words. However, N2 has about 6000 words. Furthermore, it contains grammar that really makes you know the differences between them. Simply reading wonā€™t help solidify it like N3 and below. You really have to understand nuance.

And that is the biggest takeaway, nuance. N2 and N1 make sure that you canā€™t just know the information of the test. You have to understand it, being able to comprehend things like diction and intent. I donā€™t think that it would be an easy goal to achieve in only four months.

2 Likes

:grin:

I do love English, but I canā€™t imagine having to learn it as a foreign language. Bleuch.

And yes, your sentence was correct :slight_smile: though I guess ā€˜much about anythingā€™ sounds quite casual - I wouldnā€™t use it in a report, for instance.

Ty for your advice. I have already had n3 so my next goal is n2. Well my wk levels dont really match my Japanese level. I dont learn much kanji but some how my kanji realization in vocabs are quite good. I have already read some real n2 readings, not quite hard for me though the writing does have significant difference.

Hi guys, Iā€™m still wandering around. Hope that I can do all reviews and lessons today. Have a good night (or good day : )) )

2 Likes

Hi guys, itā€™s me. Well, today Iā€™m so proud to announce that for the first time Iā€™ve cleared everything in lessons, reviews and leeches! Iā€™ve totally come back! :insertgreatJapanesememehere:\

fist

Also, Iā€™ve reached 1k burned (though I should made it earlier sigh) :insertgreaterJapanesememehere:/

So, if you guys want to congrats me, just reply with a great meme, GIF perferred. Letā€™s make my come back become inspirational! shouting in great shamelessness

teehee.

6 Likes

I googled ā€œcongratulations anime memeā€
Looks good to me

4 Likes

Feb 25th, 12:02 PM. The result of my first review of the day:

Now I just learn for the sake of learning (lol what am I saying). Anyway, my advice to future lifetime member is that when you are lifetime subscriber, just pace yourself xD.

I will try to have another review today.

1 Like

(A wee bit of that congrats goes to me for posting my first gif - only took 3 goes to get it right :sweat:)

3 Likes

Excellent gif, Rowena! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit late to the party, but congratulations!

3 Likes

Oh, my word. This gif is everything.
downloads to keep forever

Also,

4 Likes

The utterly fantabulous @TomatoSalad used it to welcome me as a Regular, and I donā€™t think a humble gif has ever made me feel so happy before, so I knew just what to reach for!

Definitely saving yours for congratulations though :grin:

2 Likes

omg, you guys are so sweet!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I will level up in 3 days I think. I am managing to do all my reviews every day!

3 Likes

y-youā€™re utterly fantabulous!

tumblr_p3855b1LBx1vptudso1_500

Radish y u always makinā€™ me blush I have a super warm cuddly hug here and I am not afraid to use it

2 Likes