🍀よつばと!・ Yotsuba&! (Absolute Beginners Book Club) // Home Thread

凄い ฅ^>⩊<^ฅ

Omg that cat 顔文字 (thanks WK lol) is so stinkin cute!!!

I ended up jumping in head first and bought Vol 1 - 16 and they arrived yesterday.

Thank you! I added it to the list.

Hey, looks like you haven’t chosen a subcategory (Book clubs) for this topic :eyes:

Users at the Regular trust level can fix that, while Members cannot (I don’t think), so this is quite literally a case of “if you want something done, do it yourself”. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh, Members can’t? Ok, fixed.

Also I keep forgetting that I’m a Regular :zany_face:

Hello Everyone! I’m Severa, just joined this book club and Wani Kani. From what I see, the reading is yet to start, right? Is there any specific period after which you guys start reading? Please do let me know. :blush:

There’ll be a specific schedule posted at some point. We’ll probably be starting in early July. The currently-running book club needs to finish first.

Really looking forward to joining my first book club! Just ordered the entire box set lol :sweat_smile: fingers crossed it’ll arrive in time.

Thanks for getting the Book Club subtopic sorted out. I’m away for the weekend, so I haven’t been able to do anything.

I’ve been wondering about the start date, myself. How long should we wait between the end of the current club and the start of this one? I’m thinking two weeks, but I’m just spitballing here. If anyone else has any suggestions, or if we should put it to a vote, let me know.

I’m curious what the reasoning is to want to wait between books. I mean when I finish a book, I usually want to immediately start another.

I’m not sure, myself. I thought I remembered there being a week or two between book clubs when I started, but I don’t remember the specific dates.

my guess is that it gives people another week or two to get their physical books shipped from Japan. Sometimes that can take a few weeks, depending on where you order them from, and which country you live in.

Alright, I’m back from my forum hiatus and just saw that the next book is よつばと! So I’m in. :blush:
I kept with WK and a little bit or reading, so I hope I’m not too rusty.

Yeah, as Steven said, the idea is to give a few weeks after the nomination ends so that people can get the books. If you order physical from overseas, it take a while to arrive :sweat_smile:

Alright… Looking forward to it. Thanks!

Looking forward to this book club! I already bought the first book of よつばと!a while back and tried it several times with limited success. Hoping that the joint reading will help me along the way…

As for ordering Japanese books in Europe: I’m using verasia.de, a Japanese bookstore from Madrid. They have shops in different languages. I imagine that ordering from there should be a lot faster and cheaper than from Japan… here’s a list of the shops: verasia.eu

You could say I’ve definitely been waiting for this book club to happen :sweat_smile: (I haven’t read any volumes yet)

Excited to join y’all! I’m just finishing up six months of language school in Japan so hopefully that sets me up well to be able to comfortably read along with everyone and maybe help out a little bit here and there! I might be a week or so late to joining however as I’ll be moving back home in early July but we’ll see what happens!

If we could add an “I’ll stalk this club” vote I think I could fit there..

I may actually stay for a while this time, though. I’ve read the first couple chapters of よつばと years ago, but didn’t get much from it at the time and it was a lot of work. I’ve never gone back to read it again, so I’m interested

Hi all, I have ordered the book (a secondhand copy from within the UK) and it should arrive by the end of the June.

This is my first post and first book club. I’ve been doing Wanikani for a few months. Looking forward to reading along.