獣の奏者 (Kemono no Souja) Home Thread

Why is that? I personally find that reading a variety of things rather than focusing on one series keeps things fresh, especially when there’s a lot of dense fantasy worldbuilding.

1 Like

I don’t have any specific, compelling reason, it is just a personal preference! I like to focus on a variety of things, for sure, possibly too many things, but if it’s the same author, I’d rather go through things one at a time.

5 Likes

All of the options. I really like her stories.

While 獣の奏者 is the only one of her books I’ve read, I really enjoyed the 精霊の守り人 anime (and to a lesser extent the live action movies). I also own it already which is a plus. Continuing 獣 or starting 守り人 would probably be my top choices but I don’t know anything about 狐笛のかなた yet so I’ll have to look into that as well.

Now to stop procrastinating and try to catch up on last week’s reading… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Well, reading everything at the slowest pace available is only 104 weeks, or exactly two years. That sounds long, but on the other hand I’ve been a book club member (and obviously a forum member) for longer than that, so that’s another way to put things in perspective.
Looking forward to spending that time with you all よろしくお願いします :bowing_man: :bowing_woman:

11 Likes

Unless we read the entire 守り人 series. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I shouldn’t be surprised that most of you voted for everything. :sweat_smile: I considered adding a second poll forcing people to pick one option, but I think that’s better saved for later in the year when we’re nearly done reading 獣の奏者 book 2.

5 Likes
3 Likes

I read the first couple parts of the prologue that were available as a sample, but when I went to buy the book, the order wouldn’t go through and it gave me this message:

My card and billing address seem to be right, so I’m not sure if I’m missing something or if it’s just blocking it.
Have any of you had this problem before?

I’ve never seen this, but maybe your bank blocked it because it’s a foreign transaction? I would try again and see if it works the second time.

Tried it again, and with a different card, but it still didn’t go through. Very strange.

That is very odd. Maybe contact your bank and see if they declined the charge.

Sometimes you need a VPN to make ebook purchases from Amazon (at least the first few times), but that doesn’t seem to be what’s happening based on the error message. (Unless you tried to order the physical book since you didn’t specify.)

I had that as well a short while ago, using the same account and card I’d used without trouble previously. (and also since!) And only some transactions didn’t go through, out of multiple on the same day! It’s not even that the first couple went through and after that it got blocked or something, even the timing seemed completely random.

And simply ‘retrying’ the credit card worked for me, I didn’t have to enter a new one or contact my bank at all.

It was really weird.

Also it’s been a couple days, haha. Did you get it worked out?

1 Like

Huh, sometimes trying to buy stuff online sure is odd. I haven’t gotten it to work yet with a few retries of a couple cards, nor with a VPN.

Also forgot to mention it earlier, I’m trying to buy the ebook for kindle, not physical.

Hopefully I can figure out what’s up with it, since I was enjoying the sample. I did manage to buy a manga a while ago, but I’m not sure if I got a new card since then and it’s not showing up in the order history for me to check.

2 Likes
1 Like

Last part of chapter 6.

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Quick heads-up for those who want to buy the books: They (i.e. all of them) are currently discounted at Bookwalker (30% off I think), until 2020-10-01T14:59:00Z.

That might mean they are also discounted somewhere else, but I did not check.

4 Likes

I wish Amazon Japan would tell you how much an item is discounted like amazon.com does. I don’t understand why they don’t.