獣の奏者 (Kemono no Souja) Home Thread

Maybe it will arrive once things settle down a bit? That sucks anyway.

I can always hope! Generally speaking I have a pretty strong bias against ebooks, but reading 空ろの箱と零のマリア was fine, and the bookwalker dictionaries are actually pretty decent compared to kindle (even if the bookwalker interface annoys me), so I figured eeehhh why not.

1 Like
2 Likes

I just finished the book as well. Talk about a cliffhanger!

4 Likes

Should we start reading the next book early then? :eyes:

2 Likes

Final chapter of book 1 is here. I’ll post again in a few days to add polls for the whole first book.

3 Likes

Alright, poll time. There are only two questions I want to ask.

How much did you enjoy 獣の奏者 book 1?

• 1 - Hated it
  • 2 - Disliked it
  • 3 - Neither liked it nor disliked it
  • 4 - Liked it
  • 5 - Loved it
  • Didn’t finish the book

0 voters

How difficult was 獣の奏者 book 1 for you? For this I’m going to borrow the new “nomination” descriptions.

• 1 - Required no effort at all
  • 2 - Required minimal effort
  • 3 - Required moderate effort
  • 4 - Required significant effort
  • 5 - Required so much effort that my head exploded :exploding_head:

0 voters

4 Likes

It’s interesting to see that moderate effort was the highest diffulty for everyone. I was expecting one or two people for significant effort. Maybe they did not finish though by I’m suprise how much the book seems to fit for everyone.

Same for like and dislike no one hated it or is neutral.

Good job @seanblue you got the perfect book. :tada: You have a talent for choosing book. never saw so many people and not one dislike.(or maybe i’m not enough in book club to know :thinking:) Anyway thanks for making me discover this nice book series.

4 Likes

It’s also interesting because difficulty is so subjective. My “minimal effort” is clearly not the same as @Naphthalene’s “minimal effort”. But having read other stuff in the last year that’s harder, this felt “minimal” by comparison. Also I just ignored those couple really hard sections since they were outliers.

3 Likes

That is true. But we do all seemed to have agreed though which is interesting.

For me sometime I felt like Re Zero was easier depending of which part of which books I was reading. I guess I got more used to Re Zero since I was reading more of it.

same. They was 3 or 4 chapter that was harder but in general it was fairly simple.

1 Like

Time for book two!

I tried to post book two’s cover in the OP next to book one’s cover, but in the actual post it forces them onto separate lines. Looks so much cooler side by side since it’s really one picture.

15 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t even realize that the books combine to spell out the title a third time! That’s really cool.

13 Likes

I did not realised it before you said it. I really like what he/she went for. These cover are just gorgeous. on the left the 闘蛇 and the right the 王獣
Must be one of the best cover I saw.

4 Likes

Oooh, it’s so beautiful! What about combining them into one picture and posting that in the OP?

5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

I received my copy! I can catch up!
but not today because I’m reading something else.

11 Likes

これこれ怠惰ですね。
I see heretics who does not religiously follow their reading schedule. Iiiiiiiit’s PUNISHMENT TIME !!!

ok I stop sorry :pensive:

5 Likes

If you catch up in a day I quit.

4 Likes

Ehhh… I’ve got bad news. A day for this is a bit too much time for @Naphthalene

8 Likes