殺人出産 🤰🔪 Book Club

Would definitely join if nominated. Murata is a joy to read and fairly accessible language-wise, but yeah - I’m still too slow to keep up with ABC. Need to get a couple more books under my belt before I join those lofty ranks:) so would vote for intermediate club

4 Likes

I’m definitely down for a Murata club. I don’t mind keeping the pace as it or speeding it up a notch. Don’t know any of the remaining books, so no preference.

5 Likes

More Murata, yes! :smiley: I’m really excited to read Earthlings but iirc I didn’t even get to vote for it last time because some of her other works sounded even more interesting, so I’d be fine with waiting a bit for Earthlings if it gets nominated for the IBC/ABC. Keeping up with the ABC pace would definitely be very challenging though so I only voted IBC.

3 Likes

So I guess I will make a home thread for a Sayaka Murata Book Club and we can pick another book there. I’ll nominate Earthlings for the IBC. I won’t nominate it for the ABC, because if it does get picked there, a bunch of current members would not be able to read along.

7 Likes

Well here we go!

5 Likes

Is there anybody in here who hasn’t voted for the next book yet and wants to be a tie-breaker? :eyes:

4 Likes

I don’t believe @jhol613 has voted yet. :eyes:

:flushed:You caught me…

I’ve been dreading saying this so I haven’t yet, but I can’t fully commit to the next pick yet. I was thinking about voting for my second choice so that my top one could stay in the hopper but I couldn’t bring myself to do something so ずるい, so I abstained (although as @Phryne said we’ll be reading them all eventually anyway so I guess it wouldn’t be such a problem).

With クビキリサイクル I’m pushing my reading limits as it is. I still plan on buying whatever we pick and giving it a shot. Regardless of whether I can keep up on the next pick though I will be 100% back on board for whatever comes after.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Time for a new story!

4 Likes
4 Likes

There goes another story! :grin:

4 Likes

Penultimate story, antepenultimate week!

6 Likes

I FINALLY HAVE INTERNET AGAIN! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: I know this probably feels like I’ve risen from the dead with how long I’ve been absent from the club. Long story short, I moved to a new place, which involved far too much drama for my liking. To be frank, there’s still a ton of boxes that need to be unpacked (:sweat_smile:), but I’m going to do my best to get back on reading (and responding!) to this book. I don’t know if I can pull another catch-up like I did earlier, but if I can finish before we all start the next one by Murata-sensei, then I’ll be satisfied. Wish me luck! :muscle::triumph:

10 Likes

I’ve noticed that there has been no discussion so far about our week 13 reading. In my case it’s because I haven’t had the chance to read it yet (the ol’ “underestimating my book club workload” chickens coming home to roost once again). How is everyone else doing? There was mention of a one week break in the past. Shall we take an extra week’s time for week 13, or shall I post the week 14 thread as planned?

• Keep going according to the schedule
  • Let’s take another week to finish week 13

0 voters

2 Likes

Exactly the same here. I’m sure I could catch up at some point during the next week but I also wouldn’t mind a break to catch up in a more relaxed manner :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Guilty! I’ve mostly been good at keeping up, but only about half way through week 13. Wouldn’t mind the extra week.

5 Likes

I would love to keep going but as someone who’s constantly fighting back a torrent of self-assigned reading, I can handle a break here and there. Might give @softlyraining a chance to finish with the rest of us as well.

4 Likes

The poll has spoken. We’ll take one extra week. I’ll edit the schedule in the OP.

7 Likes

Week 14 is up!

5 Likes