核心と中枢と真髄の違いは何ですか。

こんにちはみんなさん
質問があります。

核心と中枢と真髄の違いは何ですか。
“center”, “core”, "middle"等は私がいつも見つける意味です。

日本語が下手からなんでもどうぞ誤りを訂正してください。

2 Likes

英語で要約すると…
TL;DR in English for anyone who doesn’t need/want the details: 核心 is more like ‘core’, 中枢 more like ‘cornerstone/central axis/hub’ (i.e. something essential to the overall functioning of a thing, organisation etc), and 真髄 more like ‘essence’.

If you want more of an explanation, read on. There are translations in the spoiler tags if you want to check your understanding or just prefer to read the explanation in English. I’ve done my best to stick close to the sentences I used in Japanese, except when a literal translation would be unnatural.

もう二日経って、返事が来ませんね。私よりよくわかる誰かが来ると思いましたから、取り敢えず答えていませんが、今はちょっと説明してみようかな。日本語で説明したらちょっと難しいかもしれません。説明者する人(私)にとっても、質問者(daeniusさん)にとっても。ですから、一応日本語で頑張ろうと思うんですが、後は英訳を付けます。それでは、先ずは訂正から:

Two days have passed and there hasn’t been a reply, huh? I thought someone who knew better than me would come round, so I haven’t answered, but now I guess I’ll try to explain a little. If I explain in Japanese it might be a little difficult, both for the explainer (me) and the asker (you). Because of that, while I’ll try my best in Japanese to start with, I’ll add an English translation afterwards. Now then, let’s start with corrections:

これは間違っていないと思いますが、「AとBとCは どう違いますか。」とも言えます。どちらでもいいと思います。

This is not incorrect, I believe, but you can also say「AとBとCは どう違いますか。」 Both are fine, I think.

そんなに下手なわけではありませんよ!しかし、この文にはいくつかの間違いが確かにあります。

It isn’t that bad, you know! However, there are indeed a few mistakes in this sentence.

文法的には、「下手」は形容動詞(つまり「ナ形容詞」)なので、それに「だ」や「な」をつけるのが普通です。この場合、「下手から」になります。

Grammatically, because「下手」is an adjectival verb (i.e. a な-adjective), it’s normal to add 「だ」や「な」to it.’

次は、「なんでも」と言って、「any」と言うつもりでしょう?それは…個人的な意見ですけれども、日本語には「the」や「a」などの限定詞(determiners)がありませんから、ただの「間違い」や「誤り」でもいいと思います。「any」のニュアンスを表したければ、「もし間違いがあれば」などでよく伝わると思います。まとめをすると、daeniusさんの文は「日本語が下手から、もし間違い・誤りがあれば、どうぞ訂正してください。」に換えれば、意味がよりよく伝わるでしょう。

Next, by saying「なんでも」, you mean to say ‘any’, right? That’s… this is a personal opinion, but I think, because Japanese doesn’t have any determiners like ‘the’ and ‘a’, it would be fine to just say「間違い」or「誤り」alone. If you want to express the nuance of ‘any’, I think it would come across clearly with a phrase like「もし間違いがあれば」. In summary, if you change your sentence into「日本語が下手から、もし間違い・誤りがあれば、どうぞ訂正してください。」, its meaning should come across better, I believe.

追加:友達によると、「どうぞなんでも訂正してください」でもいいです。訂正されるのは当然間違った部分ですから。

Addendum: according to my friend, using「どうぞなんでも訂正してください」is fine too. (Because) What will be corrected will of course be the incorrect portions.

本来の話題に戻りましょう:

Let’s return to the original topic:

この三つの単語の中には、二つの単語は少し似ていますが、三つ目の単語はかなり違います。

Among these three words, while two of them are similar, the third is rather different.

他の二つと違うのは、「真髄」です。「髄」には「骨」があるでしょう?骨は体の基礎であることはもう知っているでしょう。なお、骨自身は中心部分があって、それを「髄」(marrow)と言います。従って、「髄」はある意味で体の大切な部分の中心となって、体の中にある最も大事なものに当たって、「真」を加えたら、「物の本当の性質」即ち「本質」という意味を表します。

The one that’s different from there rest is「真髄」. In「髄」, there’s「骨」, right? I believe you already know the bones are the foundation of the body. Now, bones themselves have a central portion, and we call that「髄」(marrow). Thus, 「髄」, in a certain sense, acts as the centre of an important part of the body, constituting the most important thing within the body, and when we add「真」, it means ‘the true essence of a thing’, which is to say its「本質」(‘(original/proper) nature’)。

「核心」と「中枢」は、どちらにも「中心」という意味があります。違いは…「核心」は本当に「心」の意味を強調して、つまりそれは物事の奥の奥にあるものです。それに対して、「中枢」には「枢」(pivot hinge)という要素があって、それは物事の中にある色々な部分が協力し合うことを可能にする肝心な要素を指します。「核心」は物事の最も大切な部分で、その奥にあります。「中枢」は物事の中心として各部分を繋ぐもので、その作動に不可欠なものです。

As for「核心」and「中枢」, both have the meaning of ‘centre’ or ‘heart’. As for the difference…「核心」really emphasises the meaning of ‘heart’, which is to say that it is the thing at the center of a matter or thing. In contrast,「中枢」contains the element「枢」(pivot hinge), and that refers to the vital element that makes it possible for the various parts within a matter or thing to work together.「核心」is the most important part of a matter or thing and is deep within its heart.「中枢」is the thing that connects the individual parts of a matter or thing as its centre and which is indispensable to its functioning.

これで、この三つの単語の異同をはっきりさせたでしょう。もし質問が残っていれば、是非また聞いてください。

With that, I believe I’ve made the difference between these three words clear. If you still have questions, please do ask them.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.