本好きの下剋上: Volume 4+ discussion thread

I finished the epilogue for volume 11. I liked volume 10 a bit better, but it was still very good. Definitely going to go straight into volume 12.

Spoilers for volume 11

First of all, let me just say that seeing ジルヴェスター kneel to someone is super unnerving. This is the first time a character was introduced in this series where I was actually scared for the main characters. This section of the book also does a good job of establishing the larger political structure of the country. It shows that some of the 領地 are so much more powerful than other 領地 that the 領主 even within his own territory has to be subservient to the first wife of the 領主 from the more powerful territory (to say nothing of the 領主 themselves). The epilogue really shows how much some of the nobility are devoted to the sister and will try to overthrow ジルヴェスター if they can. And of course stupid ヴィルフリート gave the sister the opportunity to come back. I’m glad for once it wasn’t ローゼマイン that did the しでかす, but come on kid. 空気を読め! His screw up was so bad that I had to make a gif for the occasion!

Love Lab 本好き smack

4 Likes