暁のヨナ 第1巻 | vol2 thread link posted

@caraage I’m gonna let you make the sign up sheet cause I remember you getting excited about it :smile: Just sign me up as Soo Won please, thank you :eyes:

Signup sheet is ready! @NanaNanaNana Each character is split into two parts just due to formatting, but really only Hak and Yona have enough lines to justify a need for a split. If you take one of those characters and no one claims the second part, it’s probably wise to be prepared to read for all of them.

2 Likes

For this week I’m just going to join the read aloud to listen for about an hour.
Next week I have university exams, and so I don’t have too much time. Next week though I would like to try to read too :slight_smile:

I love your descriptions! :laughing: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Can someone sign me up for Hak? I’m on my phone so I don’t want to destroy the formatting :). Definitely wanted Su-Won :smiley: but I’ll let Beari have him.

Edit: all good I tried it and it seems I didn’t kill the formating :slight_smile:

1 Like

I signed up for Yona, starting it off. :slight_smile: I’ve never done a read-aloud before. どうぞよろしく。

3 Likes

@caraage

Would calling Hak “Darkness Dragon” be a spoiler :stuck_out_tongue:

Also reading that monologue on first chapter in Japanese makes me tear up :cry:

1 Like

Well I finished up to page 31. I’m thinking that in the future I’d vote for a faster pace for us. I was one of the ones who said I was worried about the two chapters per week, but now I see the reading is not so difficult. I read 31 pages in 2 days, and could easily read about 50 pages a week. But I’m fine with slower too, I’ll just read other things as well.

Spoilery question below for people who’ve read this or watched this before:

Can someone remind me why Il doesn’t want Yona to marry Su-won? I read ~15 of the books a few years ago, and it’s fuzzy in my memory. I mean he has no idea what Su-won is plotting right now, but does he have a sense that Su-won would be bad for the country? I remember being surprised by his response here last time I read this, but can’t remember if it’s ever resolved.

2 Likes

There is an answer in recent chapters, so I’m not sure if you want to know the spoiler since it not in the first 15 books… But I’d say it is not out of thin air :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For part 2 in the sign up it says 18-21 but 18-31 is meant, right? What will we do if no one picks Min Soon ? I don’t mind reading his part too if no one signs up.

Oh then never mind! Maybe I never found out, and that’s why I don’t remember.

2 Likes

I just rewatched the first episode and I’m so happy that I remember a lot of the new vocab I learned :smile: They added stuff, too, like Il having some sort of speech.

@KyokaJiro Probably. Though, they’ll be more confused if anything lol

@NanaNanaNana Yes. If no one picks him, the person with the least amount of lines or whoever wants to gets to read him. He has like three lines so it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

@Kraits @KyokaJiro @valkow @tomwamt @NanaNanaNana @Kraddak @lifev @Rain32 @sakuchu @caraage

Hello!

So as we near the end of the first week, I’d like to give a reminder and gauge everyone’s opinions on some things.

1. If you plan on joining and participating in our read-aloud session, don’t forget to sign up for a role in the first post.
  2. Should we move the week’s start day to Sunday so that the read-aloud session would mark the last day?
Preferred Start Date?
  • Sunday
  • Monday
  • No preference

0 voters

1. Now that most of us have already read the first chapter, how do we feel about our pace of one chapter a week?
  • Too fast. I’d prefer a slower pace (~half a chapter a week)
  • Just right. I’d prefer to keep it as 1 chapter a week.
  • Too slow. I’d prefer a faster pace (2 chapters a week)
  • No preference

0 voters

1. Edit: If you plan on regularly attending the read-aloud sessions and don’t like the current time, create a new sheet in this spreadsheet by duplicating the “Duplicate Me!” sheet and add your availability. Green = available, yellow = sometimes available, red = not available, gray = other. I decided the time based on the majority so if the majority changes, the time changes.

Let me know your opinions~

3 Likes

@mangoluvv @deliana88 @kusuri @Ducklingscap

I could only ping 10 people per post so :woman_shrugging: please see above post~

2 Likes

Is it possible to vote on a time for the next read aloud session? 8am on a Saturday is a bit painful for me.

Edited my announcement post.

1 Like

Beari san. Thanks for the tag.

As mentioned previously , I won’t be available for read out loud sessions on March 20 and 27. So, I won’t be picking any roles for these two sessions.

I will be choosing one for week 3. And if we get far enough I want first dibs on Zeno’s character :grin: I am torn between choosing characters :stuck_out_tongue: for week 3. Guess it is a better problem to have :laughing:

Oh we will get far enough. As long as there’s at least one person willing to continue the club with me, it’ll keep going :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thanks, updated!

Then we have a deal :wink:

Tae Jun and others. Every time I pick one character I can think of twenty other characters to pick :rofl:

1 Like