文豪ストレイドッグス わん! (Bungou Stray Dogs Wan!) – Volume 2

Week 7: Chapters 38-40 (3 chapters) [End of Volume 2]
Start Date: December 14th
Previous: Week 6
Next: Volume 3 (starting January 4th)
Home Thread: Link

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:
(It’ll stay open, you can change your answer later!)

• I’ve finished Vol. 2
  • I’m reading along
  • I’ll catch up later
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

2 Likes

Finally I can say what I’ve been wanting to say for over a month…

Summary

AKUTAGAWA’S MOUTH WHEN HE’S SCREAMING THAT’S 100% A MOUSTACHE BUT THEN I SAW THE SAME STYLE USED LATER SO IT’S A SCREAM BUT NO THAT BOY WEARINGA FAKE STACHE K BYE

2 Likes

Finally caught up again just in time for the last stories of the volume. Can’t believe we’re done with volume 2 already :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I somehow missed it completely :sweat_smile: Or maybe I just didn’t see that resemblance. Which page it is?

2 Likes

Well, we already finished the book. That was fast. The books are too short. I should write to the author asking him at less 1000000 pages per book. That seems reasonable.

Chap 38

Who just gives a crab’s leg randomly like that I don’t know. Seem like Atsushi liked it thought.

Chap 39

I’m always surprised by Akutagawa. Always ready to serve Dazai even if they are ennemie. He worships Dazai but hates when Higuchi worships him. Then he has to give the bag to Atsuchi. I always love the interaction between Atsushi and Akutagawa. I found the use of Rashomon for the grocery super useful. Finaly a power useful for basic think.:stuck_out_tongue:

Chap 40

I want to try these sushi candies. Is that really a thing? I’m disappointed in Dazai using the rope method. I was sure he was better than that :stuck_out_tongue: I guess when you fail often you go back to the basic.

I think you made a mistake. It’s only natural that people make mistakes in English so I will forgive you. The correct way to say it is starting next week. No need to thank me.

I saw it now. Not sure how to feel about it. I prefer to think it’s an open mouth.

2 Likes

I’m not an expert myself, but I think it actually could work as a snack? I mean, that’s what they sold me in Japan from a street stall. I’m not sure which part of the crab it was, but my point is that small piece of a crab as a gift actually seems legitimate xP

But this visualisation. I have no words:

wan1

This was unsettling:
wan2

And yep, Rashoumon for grocery seemed super useful. Chuuya’s gravity is nice for it, too. Guys, leave criminal life, start a delivery company.

I have no idea, I didn’t find anything in Google and I’m also curious. :laughing:

Atogaki

Now I want whole chapter with this stuff. It seems like a good psychedelic material.

Happy to have you back on track :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes
Summary

It legit took me waaaay too long to figure out this panel because I thought he just randomly had a moustache… :no_mouth:
Even now if I look I see it as that before a screaming mouth…
Also
As an Akutagawa fan~

His expression in this panel is so cute :joy: :heart:
Sorry for bad image quality. I have the physical books and a terrible camera ehe.

I finally finished the third volume completely last night and luckily my volumets 4-6 arrived last night :smiling_imp: I won’t comment on the inside of the books until we get to them in the club, but I will say the cover of Volume 5 leaves me feeling really sad :no_mouth:

3 Likes

Maybe I didn’t notice it because it’s just so hard for me to imagine him with a moustache. :grin: But yes, now I understand what you meant.

Same here. If it was just the three of them… but they just had to add an extra sad Dazai in the background, so now it looks like he’s reminiscing his past life!

2 Likes