容疑者Xの献身 - The Devotion of Suspect X 🌹 (Advanced Book Club)

Ahahah omg I would be soooo lost :joy_cat:

Oh, I see. Yeah, that’s probably a very hard cut if you come from the fiction / light novel department :wink: I hope that Yougisha will be somewhat of a middle ground here. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

You know, sleep is overrated :rofl:

(Fingers crossed you don’t have to take such drastic measures though!)

4 Likes

Just realized this was chosen :see_no_evil:
This club’s pace is still pretty brutal for me and I’ll be prioritizing 狐笛のかなた, but I’m interested in reading books of this genre, so I’ll at least try to start with the club and then I’ll see if I’m not too busy to keep up. No promises!

9 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it, gf saw it sitting on the shelf and said it was a real page-turner

3 Likes

I’m excited to join the book club as well! I semi-randomly bought 12 books to try and read in 2021 as a challenge, and this just happens to be one of them. So it’s a lucky coincidence!

6 Likes

The long wait is finally over! Let’s kick off reading :slight_smile:

Here is the first week’s thread. As always, please ask any questions, tell any stories, add any comments you feel like - but remember to blur your spoilers so that others can enjoy reading too!

5 Likes

Ah, just realized this is starting today, it’s way to difficult for me but I read the English version and it’s really a good book!

2 Likes

So apparently my epub of the book is borked, since the furigana are messed up, so now I don’t have a good version of the book :frowning:. To top it off, bookwalker for some reason doesn’t allow me to pay with my phone for this book (all other have worked fine).

Guess I’ll maybe have to do my first order from cdjapan… Luckily meanwhile the bookwalker trial goes until page 66, if I can bear to read with my PC.

1 Like

I can try to find a used paperback for you if you don’t want to pay for new edition + shipping

I lucked out in finding the is book on ebay the other day. I’m looking forward to getting to read this on paper eventually. :slight_smile:

Really? :scream: Are you in Japan? Wouldn’t a single book have quite an expensive shipping cost still, though?

I was thinking maybe if I buy stuff in bulk, the cost of the shipping is a bit more bearable.

1 Like

Welcome to week 2! Let’s see where the story takes us from here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry I missed this reply last week! Yes, and yes (my guess the book would be less than 10 bucks with ~60 for shipping) but hey I thought maybe you were an American and wanted to use those 600 Biden Bucks.

Welcome to week 3! As the story unfolds, let’s see which direction it will take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And it’s time for week 4 :slight_smile:

A quick heads up for those of you who so far needed a fair amount of time to read the weekly assignments:
This week will bring us a leisurely 34 pages, while next week gets a steep ramp-up to 49 pages (followed by a week with 36 pages), so if you want to reduce next week’s load a bit, please feel free to read ahead to spread the pages more evenly across the three weeks. (Of course, no spoilers please :grin:)

4 Likes

Here we are at week 5 :slight_smile:

Like I said, this is our longest week with 49 pages, so pace yourself…

Also, I did not yet manage to fix the list of readings - will do so over the weekend, promise :innocent:

4 Likes

I hope you all arrived safely at week 6!

For recreational purposes, we are facing a short week this time, with only 36 pages.
Also, this week will get us past the 50% mark!

6 Likes

Just when I was about to catch up :smile:. Hopefully I can do it this week with the shorter page count.

4 Likes

Time flies - we’re already in Week 7!

Also, I’ve finally gotten around to presenting the proper nouns in a better way in the weekly threads - I hope you like it this way! (If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free!)

4 Likes

So, I have been reading in Japanese for the past few years but lately been wanting to advance beyond anime stuff.

I got both of the books (the ones for the current and upcoming group read). Started reading yesterday and have completed the second chapter. Not sure if it is possible but I plan to catch up by Week 9. If I can’t do it, then I’d atleast join you guys for the next one from the beginning.

Hoping to have some fun conversations in future. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes