Week 3 Nov 19th 第46話 事件日和
Week 4 Nov 26th 第47話 カラーズドッキリ
Week 5 Dec 3 第48話 巨大ロボを探せ 〜前編〜
Week 6 Dec 10 第49話 巨大ロボを探せ 〜後編〜
Week 7 Dec 17 第50話 猛暑
Week 8 Dec 24 第51話 カラーズファミリー
Week 9 Dec 31 第52話 青山琴葉

Discussion Rules

• If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.
  • Please mention the chapter and page number.
  • Please use spoiler tags for major events.
  • If you read ahead, please hold questions until during or after the appropriate week.
5 Likes

第44話 割りばし鉄砲

Start Date: 2022-11-03T15:00:00Z

Now where did I put those unused disposable chopsticks from high school Japanese class back in the 1990’s…

5 Likes
Chapter 44

I knew that they would go directly to Saitou :joy:
Also, “お前に銃は早い”
Wikipedia states that Kouban police carry sidearms(including handguns). Did we see Saito with one? I don’t remember.

4 Likes

Well this was a fun chapter!
Its probably a good thing that I don’t have any 割りばし in the house, or there is a good chance I’d be spending a chunk of tonights studying time making myself a 割りばし鉄砲 instead :grin:

4 Likes
This one isn't standard issue, but...

Okay, so that was just this.

4 Likes

第45話 合流

Start Date: 2022-11-11T15:00:00Z

We get a nice easy read this week.

4 Likes

That was a nice easy read. I didn’t even need to look up a single word in this chapter, thats really rare for me!

Also, Sacchan looked very cute with her Yui hairstyle!

4 Likes

I’ma leave this here…

Two consecutive chapters almost entirely in the secret base.

5 Likes

第46話 事件日和

Start Date: 2022-11-17T15:00:00Z

I know Belthazar is our locations expert here, but I think I found a location from a panel this week.

Untitled

5 Likes

Planning ahead a little, do we want to skip a chapter during the week of December 24 through December 30th?

• Yes, please. The holidays will be busy for me!
  • I don’t mind either way.

0 voters

3 Likes

Might want to rephrase the question to “skip” a chapter, based on your poll options. :wink:

2 Likes

Oops. Good catch!

Life becomes easier once more of the book clubs I’m running run out of volumes. I’m nt complaining, though.

2 Likes

Didn’t we already have a chapter featuring the Great Koro-baa Incident?

Though come to think of it, they didn’t actually make it there last time either, did they?

Fun fact: for much of Ueno Park, the most recent street view images were taken during the Sakura Matsuri in 2014. Here is the thing they’re standing in front of on the first page of the chapter. It’s not quite identical - the one in the manga has more lanterns, while the real-world one has two pandas rather than one, and a circle around the 桜 - but they’re pretty similar.

Well, they took a bit of a detour between Ueno Park and Ueno proper. :stuck_out_tongue:

The actual crossing they’re using is this one - note you can still see the lantern wall thingy on the left (though that one’s for the Ueno Natsu Matsuri).

3 Likes

第47話 カラーズドッキリ

Start Date: 2022-11-25T15:00:00Z

5 Likes

Hah. That floating step on the police box finally comes into play.

How did baby-Saito ever get his walkie-talkie back from the offertory box, though?

(I’ve had a チーズ入りハンバーグ at the Gusto in Kanaya. It certainly was tasty.)

5 Likes

That looks amazing!!!

2 Likes

第48話 巨大ロボを探せ 〜前編〜

Start Date: 2022-12-02T15:00:00Z

Part one!

The worst part about two-part stories is the climactic cliffhanger they leave you on as you wait for the second half.

4 Likes

The former 博物館動物園駅 is real - with that awkward name, I thought for sure that Kotoha was making it up, and this building they visit was actually an electricity substation or somesuch, but no, it’s actually a station. It’s here, located on the Keisei Main Line between Keisei Ueno (which is also under the park) and Nippori - it was closed in 1997 because the platforms were too short for the trains, and completely abandoned in 2004. In 2018, it was reopened to the public - you can apparently go down to the platforms (or at least the concourse? unclear), but I’m not clear as to exactly how.

Gotta resist peeking ahead.

Side note, what’s with all the grey t-shirts on the chapter title pages?

6 Likes

There are some mysteries that may never be solved.

4 Likes

第49話 巨大ロボを探せ 〜後編〜

Start Date: 2022-12-09T15:00:00Z

It’s time to head underground!

6 Likes