リセットしましたけど・・・時間がありますか?!

宜しくお願いしますー
みんなさん、助けてください!
I would love to be able to type this all in Japanese, but I am afraid I have hit a wall with a big deadline coming up.
Back in December of 2019 I made the choice to go back to language school in Japan this summer. I booked the trip, settled the plans, and saved up all that I could for as much preparation as possible for the trip. But disaster struck with Covid19 putting any and all plans to leave the country on hold for the foreseeable future.
I was devastated and lost all motivation to work on WaniKani and my grammar in BunPro.
So, recently I reset WaniKani back to level 1 hoping my love for the language will keep me going and return to my memory what I lost when I couldn’t find the will to come back and do all my reviews that piled up.
Now, I’m slated to try the trip again to take the N4 in November, but I am feeling like I have no chance with my lost months of studying.
I am immersed in the Japanese language playing games online with my friends, but their kind souls find it rude to correct me on my grammar and kanji usage unless I ask them to, so a lot of the time I am left wondering how far off from correct I was with what I was saying. No longer being able to hold as good of conversations as I used to have, I am worried now about being able to pass the N4 when the time comes (and I have a constant fear of offending anyone with my poor writing skills, hoping I don’t use the wrong words to convey what I am trying to say).
読んでくれてありがとうございます!
それではー
WaniKaniとBunPro以外に何を学ぶのは良いですか?
I want to utilise as many tools as there is to be more confident in my language skills before I make the trip, be it grammar, kanji, or just simply how to know what is polite and informal in certain situations (Because as a foreigner, I have been told it is almost always best to use keigo). So what better place to look than what the community finds helpful in their own studies.
前もって感謝します!‘’),)

プリンさん

1 Like

If you are worried about the test, I would recommend to first try one of the previous exams (some are available online) in real conditions and see where you stand. That will give you insights on what section you should be focusing on.

You’re not supposed to さん yourself :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

HelloTalk is a great app if you want feedback on grammar and pronunciation! You choose your target language and you can write posts or record yourself speaking and native speakers can comment on it. Then you can also do the same for Japanese native speakers who want to learn English. The app also has a chat and calling function. So you can make friends and text or call them on the app too! It’s super cool. Free app, too!

I realize this sounds like an infomercial… :laugh: but honestly it’s just a great app

If you’ve used a textbook before, go over it again fr the start and see where things start to get murky. I think Genki 1+2 will get you roughly to N4, depending on the depth of your understanding. I used Minna no Nihongo and aced N4 by chapter 41 (second book). So I think basic textbooks like these will get you there in a structured manner.

Then, as @Naphthalene said, do a practice test sooner rather than later. Since you get hardly any feedback from your friends, you might be worried for nothing. Do their responses line up with what you said previously? Then at least your message is getting across. After you do the test, you’ll know whether you’re still on the right track.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.