ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 17

Chapter 17! Last chapter! Congrats to all of you who were able to read the book to the end!

We’ll spendas much time as we need on chapter 17 :wink: The home thread for this bookclub is here .

Who will read Harry Potter chapter 17 now?

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m not participating

0 voters

2 Likes

It’s going to be weird when all this is over and my days don’t involve short snippets of Harry Potter.

Although not quite as weird as this mistranslation gem from Google:

2 Likes

You can rest in peace: There are more books in the series :grinning:

I know it’s difficult, but just obey your husband‘s orders and read them all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ve JUST understood the 4th floor thing. Of course the “3rd floor corridor” would be the 4th floor in any country that doesn’t have a “ground floor”. I’ve gone through the whole book not understanding this. I’m glad I figured it out in the last chapter!

3 Likes

Oh, right. Of course. That completely failed to occur to me, for some reason…

1 Like

Well- I finally made it to the end - and feel completely prepared to enlist in any magical schools I find in Japan.

Kudos to @Marifly for organising!

I’m game for book two if/when the time comes.

2 Likes

Aye, I just finished too, woo! The second novel in Japanese that I’ve finished reading from cover to cover, and this one’s certainly much thicker than my first one.

My edition has a four-page essay at the end called “The World of Harry Potter” which I should probably read soon, but the story is done. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Wooo! I finished today! I’ve owned this book for nearly 10 years without reading it. Thank you all for helping me achieve this - it’s been sitting on my shelf unread for so long… I don’t think I can continue to the next book but I’d love to do a re-read sometime.

4 Likes

Keeping up with this book club during the school year (I work in schools) was beyond my ability as it turns out. I did read all of Book 1 last summer before this book club started, and I am planning to tackle Book 2 this summer. My summer break starts the 3rd week of June so if anyone else is reading I’d love to start a book club for Book 2!

2 Likes