Just for clarification:
“These characters” refers to the entire Gatakana Gojūon
So I’ve been trying to memorize katakana since I started on WK(Actually for the past 6 weeks, but I tried to SERIOUSLY memorize them for the past 2), and I’ve made 0 progress.
The ~60% of kana I do recognize, feel more like guessing, and the other 40%… I’ve failed the same 17 kana about 8 times so far over the past 3 days.
I tried Benkyou, real kana, kana mind, actual physical flashcards(these physical cards are the ones that gave me the statistic above), and filling page after page of an A5 notebook with the same kana over and over, along with the romaji reading of that kana(And while I love writing on paper with my fountain pen, my hand is seriously sore now).
Meanwhile, I barely even tried, and reading Hiragana might not come naturally(I still have to think over each digraph), but I almost don’t experience any "Is it MA? MO? YO? HO?(Actually, these 4 are the only ones I still sometimes get confused over, but only like in 30% of cases).
Any tips for memorizing these characters, so that I won’t feel like an uneducated heathen?