おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to neko) book club

I’m sure chapter 2 will be harder without bilingual manga :sweat_smile: I’m looking forward to it though.

2 Likes

Other people seem to have a much stronger opinion about new threads than me, so I’ll leave that up to everyone who cares lol.

But I’m loving the story so far! The first chapter felt pretty easy, but we shall see how the second one goes!
I personally could read two chapters a week if other people would like to speed things up a bit? If not that’s cool too :sweat_smile:

EDIT: totally forgot some people are waiting on physical copies. Maybe we can wait to speed things up after everyone who’s ordered books has gotten them?

3 Likes

I’m away from a computer atm but I can make a week 2/chapter 2 thread in 9ish hours if one hasn’t been made by then.

2 Likes

Other people seem to have a much stronger opinion about new threads than me, so I’ll leave that up to everyone who cares lol.

I prefer separate threads because it’ll make it easier for people who want to catch up later or who start reading this manga in the future - it can be really exhausting having to scroll/search through 500+ replies to try and find if somebody mentioned a sentence/concept that you had a hard time with. If all the chapters are separate threads it makes it a bit easier to find the correct answers. :slight_smile:

I personally could read two chapters a week if other people would like to speed things up a bit? If not that’s cool too

i also wouldn’t mind 2 chapters a week :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

That makes sense! This is my first time in a book club online, so I just don’t have an opinion either way.

1 Like
  • Start having chapter threads posted twice weekly
  • Keep it to once a week
  • I don’t have a preference
0 voters

Note for “Start having chapter threads posted twice weekly,” since the chapter threads are independent of each other, you can still read at your own pace/only one chapter a week.

I added romaji to the discussion thread titles so they’re easier for people without a Japanese keyboard to search :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I voted to do two chapters/week but I don’t necessarily mean to start doing that immediately! As I said earlier I know some people are waiting on physical copies, so I don’t mind waiting to speed up for a while if that’s something I others want :slight_smile:

1 Like

Depending on the results, that sounds like we can have another poll to decide when if people agree on increasing the speed.

1 Like

Sounds good! I’d also be fine with increasing the speed, but I’ve got the luxury of reading digitally and since shipping’s in a pretty bad spot right now I definitely understand waiting for peoples’ physical copies.

2 Likes

It’s Sunday where I am, so hopefully the weekend forum-goers have had a chance to visit.
It’s a 2:1 for increased speed:no preference and no one voted for just once a week.

Looks like we’re going to hit the gas! The question that remains is when.
When should we increase speed?

• The week of Sept 7
  • The week of Sept 14
  • The first week of October
  • Another time (please comment)

0 voters

Which day of the week would you prefer?

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

Where’s my “Both on Monday” vote? D:<

:stuck_out_tongue: Since I was the only one who had voted in that poll I remade it for you, ya heathen >:p /s

1 Like

Do you still want to post just one thread (but instead of one chapter this thread will cover two chapters)? Or do you plan on posting two threads per week (so this question is asking when to post the second thread)?

1 Like

I was planning to post 2 threads a week to make for easier discussion.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. I didn’t catch that. I thought the last poll was just about asking if people want to speed up and read two chapters a week. But now readling more carefully, you were asking about whether to post one thread or two threads per week.

I actually prefer just one thread a week (covering 2 chapters), so I changed my vote from back then. Doesn’t change the outcome, though. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying. I hadn’t considered that a possibility, but retrospectively I guess that’s what @tomwamt was going for with a both on Monday vote.

Which would you prefer?

• 2 chapters 1 thread
  • 2 chapters 2 threads (same day)
  • 2 chapters 2 threads (different days)
  • 2 threads, no day preference

0 voters

Anyone with better poll making abilities is welcome to make a better poll. I don’t have great foresight/insight into anything this week it seems.

Although, based on current results, I’ll post the next chapter thread tomorrow. If people change their votes between now and later, I don’t see any reason that we can’t move the day of the week, etc to better suit everyone at that point.

2 Likes

I didn’t think I cared about the threads, but it makes more sense to do it per chapter, in case someone only gets to one chapter first and still wants to participate in a discussion without spoilers.

2 Likes

I just found this thread and I recently bought the book, perfect timing! It might take me a week or two to catch up, but I am very excited to have assistance and community to work our way through the book.

4 Likes