Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

Nah, I meant that I thought we’d already requested that it be added to the blacklist (i.e. words that are always marked wrong, regardless of how similar they are to the correct answer). Basically “southeast” and “northeast” have such distinct meanings that the opposite one should never be allowed through on an “eh, close enough” basis.

4 Likes

I think I just invented a new job.

22 Likes

”…and why would you like to be chosen for this position?"
“well, ever since i was a little kid, i’ve always wanted to be a [looks at smudged writing on hand] ministert of gorwign affairs”

16 Likes

not really a typo but the kanji for ‘doing’ accepts typing ‘going’ and I guru’d it thinking it’s ‘going’ and now I need to try to detach this meaning from my brain.

4 Likes

I’m almost wondering if the “close enough” pop-up message needs to look distinctly different from the “there are other readings” pop-up message, because it’s far too easy to not pay attention to which one it is…

4 Likes

tbh, I am using the reorder script and if this is activated, it covers this pop-up… this is pretty bad in my opinion, because sometimes I forget that a kanji has several meanings and i just check them again to remind myself, even if I entered the correct answer.
On the other hand, the reorder script is incredible valuable in my opinion…

Didn’t know I was going to be learning english words on this too at some point, lmao

3 Likes

13 Likes

Screenshot_20200123_220437
:thinking:
:yum:

does this even belong here?

10 Likes

I burned 二斤 as “two axes”? Is that supposed to happen? :eyes::thinking:

Btw, time really flies fast. I remember the day that item was added, doesn’t feel like it was that long ago.

14 Likes

Ah, yes. We mustn’t speak of the weird tables. (Or must we? Dundundundun)

10 Likes

ok, what? (I can see myself getting this confused with the other さす…)

7 Likes

I see 責める is just gonna be one of those words, huh…

6 Likes

Most likely not the right topic for this, but I almost typed にもつ for 煮物.

5 Likes

Screenshot_20200131_140807
…not quite :sweat:
And probably doesn’t belong here? It’s not a typo
shrugs

2 Likes

Not a typo nor accepted, I’m just sad that this was a burn review and I have it set that I can’t override burn reviews

(actual answer is “cook”)

7 Likes

I hate gerund flubs. I’ve taken to adding them in. “brew” vs. “brewing” has bit me several times.

8 Likes

I teach English to children and often when they say ‘finished’ it sounds like ‘fish’. It turned into an inside joke with us and we have a fish handshake and everything.

3 Likes

This one shouldn’t be allowed. I honestly had it confused.

5 Likes

@JenK please blacklist that one

1 Like