What do you want now? (Request extensions here)

5 Likes

This is perfect thanks! :star_struck:

2 Likes

There seem to be an issue, it doesn’t appear on the dashboard at all. Is it just me?

2 Likes

do you have the Wanikani Open Framework installed and loading first before this script?

It’s the first one in this list so I assume it’s the first one loading too

1 Like

yup, alright. just checking. Maybe search for / report that error in the script’s thread?

There’s also Levels Overview Plus, which is not as direct, but can also give you concrete info when you click on the levels button, then an individual level.

2 Likes

Good alternative :eyes: :sparkles: Thank you! :grin:

so many scripts, totally forgot about this one

I think I found the answer:

2 Likes

The overview script just updates the levels overview popup. The script that redoes the individual level screen with more concrete SRS breakdown is this one. Although I have considered merging them

2 Likes

Does anyone know if there exists a user script that gives mnemonics for all kanji in terms of kanji from earlier levels? I think that would make it easier for me to tell similar kanji apart.

don’t know if it was the same issue, but this update worked for me

2 Likes

Yes, I incorporated some fixes from @rwesterhof including that :wink:

P.S. Sorry that we’re pinging you to death about my script.

2 Likes

No, that would need a completely new mnemonic system. There are some userscripts that give other mnemonics, but some of them don’t work well anymore (KanjiDamage mnemonics, community mnemonics).

To tell similar kanji apart, the best way i’ve found is to just follow WK’s teaching method and look at the individual radicals, and make a (unique) story out of them. It’s a big difference whether it’s tsunami stand (WaniKani / Kanji / 泣) or rice stand (WaniKani / Kanji / 粒). Either you stand there crying a river (tsunami), or you stand in a field of grains. For example. And if you don’t want to use such a system, you’ll just get used to telling similar kanji apart over time anyways.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s just that creating my own mnemonics would take time which I don’t quite feel like sparing. I guess like you suggest, just getting used to it with the help of reading practice seems like the best strategy for now.

I would like a way to change the bakground colous on the vocab lessons/reviews so that I could set a cetrain color for all the onyomi readings and another on for the kunyomi.

I see weekdays, numbers and letters in colours and this would make it very easy for me to remember which one is onyomi/kunyomi.

TeoSelander

well, you can also just take WK’s mnemonics, which also always build a story from the radicals, they’re already there. (though i’ve often found my own easier to remember)

not sure if there’s something for colors, but i really like Katakana madness, it puts all onyomi readings in katakana. For me that’s enough. If what you type appears in katakana, it’s onyomi.

For a more explicit hint, this script explicitly tells you Kunyomi or Onyomi during reviews.

Thanks for the tip. Prefer colous though.

/Teo

Well, I feel like kanji would be better building blocks (wherever possible) since the meanings of radicals we learn are kind of random while the meanings of the kanji are easier to remember since we use them in vocabulary. Furthermore, if we use kanji, we’ll have fewer building blocks which I think will make things even easier.

For example, I keep mixing up raise 挙 and fist 拳 so I nowadays just think of raise as a fist with one less bar. This seems easier to remember than four different radicals.

1 Like

I find it easier to consider crab (or something) + hand vs gladiator + hand, but you need to find what’s best for you of course.
WK only has 484 radicals, many of which are also kanji anyways, that’s very little imo, in the context of a base level of vocab of 10k or 20k to fluency or even just a couple thousand.