Week 3: ユージニア 🌹

I’m finally caught up to this week’s reading! I’m glad I wasn’t the only person completely confused about which girl was blind (had to double back to check because they were using 少女 and 彼女 so liberally when talking about two young girls talking to each other :exploding_head:

Also, truly not important, but 久代 feels like an old fashioned name to me. I tried googling to confirm/deny but all I could find was stuff on 占い :sweat_smile:

I’m also intrigued by the misdirection in this chapter. I think this is the second time the finger has been pointed at the daughter of the household being involved somehow, and definitely not the first time doubts have been cast on her blindness. Maybe the inconsistencies are for her.

5 Likes

…hopefully the publisher put out an audiobook version :slight_smile:

6 Likes

OMG that took me a while :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure she can sense the letters on the page. :grin:

5 Likes

I have finished too. :raised_hands: :laughing:

Yes, you are right. In English translation stand directly that chapter 3 is from the book by Saiga… I don’t know whether this extra information is decent or not for reader. I would like to read this book in original Japanese when we are here finished, then I might assess for myself…:sweat_smile:

助かります! ありがとうございます :bowing_woman:

すごい、ちゃんとチェックされましたね。
本当に、相違点が多いですよね。
雑賀さんが「本当に知っている事」「そうだといいのに、と思っている事」「そうじゃなきゃいいのに、と思っている事」「他の人に知ってほしい事」「隠している事」がごちゃごちゃになっているので、
私の頭の中も混乱してます。

"cocoon"は「幽霊」になってますか?
天井の木の紋様や、ベートーベンの伝記など、何かこう「これから悪いことが起きる予兆」をたくさん並べてますよね。全て雑賀さんのフィクションなんですかね。

そうですよね。これも変な話で。雑賀さんがどうしてこんなことを書いたのか、私もとても気になります。

あ、これおもしろい視点ですね! 本当だ。どうなんでしょう。

これもとてもおもしろい推理ですね。

個人的な感想は、
雑賀さんにとってこの事件は"Festival"で、この事件に関わっている時が一番生き生きしているなぁと。
彼女はそもそも、本を書くことで自分を解放したかった、と言ってましたが、本を書いた後の彼女は、あまり幸せそうではない、というか、何かを待っているような?
これから読むのが楽しみです。

:joy:

古い名前な印象ですね。「久(永久)(久しい)」も「代(代々)」もイマドキな感じがあまりしません。でも、だからこそ逆にこれから流行るかも :tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

I finished ch3, tried to note down a few things in case they maybe foreshadowing whose toy car on the ground is it, the flower delivery man, the sake delivery man, where is Hisayo’s lace wallet when she returned home, what is the cocoon that Makiko saw, why the book mentioned it seems like Hisayo can actually see. I find Hisayo getting more suspicious in this chapter though there is also possibility that Makiko is an unreliable narrator misleading us the readers :face_with_peeking_eye:
Ch3 time: 1h29’

8 Likes