WaniKani Study Buddy Race - 2023, All Aboard!

Going ahead to the next level: 24. I already finished the radical lessons, so no letting up the gas pedal just yet! :sunglasses:

cat-driving-serious

7 Likes

Hit Level 27 yesterday! :confetti_ball:

毎日、強くなれる。
Mashle Anime GIF - Mashle Mash Anime - Discover & Share GIFs

みんな、行こう!

6 Likes

Hit level 9 today! Super happy about my pace so I’m just vibing :grin:

7 Likes

Wow, what a journey! I’ve finally reached level 31! Reading is supposedly from now on not as intimidating as it used to be, and I can say I’ve been making huge progresses as one can read in my extensive log here. I’m also happy that I managed to fulfill another goal I established for this year. Let’s embrace Hell!

9 Likes

I finally hit level 10 after 2 resets and 2 years :sob: May the resetting curse finally be broken!

7 Likes

Great job!

XqhVAA7

You can do it! :+1:

6 Likes

I’ve been slowing down these past few days as my review counts have skyrocketed. I’m still keeping up (barely though :face_with_spiral_eyes:).

Well, 3…

8 Likes

you can do it! the light is right over there…

5 Likes

ed01f11509fd461c64afb4b524ead080

4 Likes

These later levels seem so daunting. I don’t know if I still have the willpower to go till lv 60. Wkstats says lv51 covers up to 100% N2 kanji so I at least wanna get up to there. I also have trouble keeping review counts under control. Keep at though. It’s just 2 more levels for you

3 Likes

It’s only a lot of you make it a lot. A lot of people like to take it slow as to not be overwhelmed, while I am speedrunning and regret everything immensely

2 Likes

The finish line is so close now! You are doing wonderfully, hang in there :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Level 12! :partying_face: :dancer: :sparkles:

I’m also only 4 grammar points away from completing the N5 on Bunpro, so I’m well on track to finish the N4 section by the time I take the exam in December :fist:

Hope everyone is doing well! Share your success stories and/or struggles with us, maybe this team of racing study buddies can help :green_heart:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Nah, I think speed running is good. I mean you’ll still have to suffer after lv60 if you want to burn all items. But you can at least claim that you know 2k kanji even if you can’ recall them all at first glance. Plus if you intend to take jlpt N2 or N1, you’ll have one less thing to worry about. It’s just that wk could set an upper limit to the number of reviews we receive each day. Seeing a pile of 300+ reviews instantly kills motivation. I can only imagine what it’s like in the late lv 50s. I mean at my current level, fresh out of hell levels I’m failing items and enlightened items are going back to guru

6 Likes

You get used to it and get blind to the numbers once you get used to the pace. You’d be surprised how fast that happens. When I went through in a bit over a year I had consistently 300-450 reviews daily for like 6 months (can’t really check due to stats being gone). Now I’ve been slowing down on the SRS a bit and find 150 WK reviews somewhat daunting.

I’m sure you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

I’ve arrived on lv 25! :cat2: :tada:

Wsdm

7 Likes

Congrats! Honestly, I forgot I was even a part of this challenge so I just updated my stats. Haven’t leveled up since last year :melting_face:

4 Likes

Durtling a slower route is also quite nice. Gives you more time for other stuff for sure. :slight_smile:

I hope you get to at least level up more this year and break new ground! You can do it! ^>^

4 Likes

I just did 778 reviews and I want to die

7 Likes