Wanikani Phonetic-Semantic Composition 1.0.5 [No longer supported]

It works for me for reviews on both FF/Tampermonkey and Chrome, and I have no clue why it doesn’t work in Greasemonkey. It doesn’t perform a jQuery each statement although there are elements. Is there any reason to use Greasemonkey? It’s also a pain to develop with it compared to Tampermonkey.

1 Like

I’ll test it out later today when I’m home.
No real reason, just that I never needed an alternative until now. It’s no problem for me to switch to Tmonkey. Thanks for the support.

The original works for me in lessons, but there’s a console error that shows up when I switch to a vocab lesson.

Having both the old extension and the rebirth enabled, I was confused by the conflicting messages I got here:

Which part are you confused about? The old script lists mostly kanji that are not in WK, and omits those that are. Only 掛 of those kanji is in WK, and although WK itself gives its reading as がい is doesn’t have a reading listed in the kanjipedia so any reading is “inofficial”, and it seems to be rather かい, (even though jisho also lists けい). So I don’t really agree to “completely regular” even with the kanji of the old script that is in WK.

Also, on closer inspection the phonetic component of 掛 should be 卦 with readings か, かい, け, I will fix my DB as well :slight_smile:

I was considering to reuse the existing data of the old script, but it is inconsistent and often incorrect, so the new script has everything researched from scratch.

Searching this topic for new version failed (it’s now semantic-phonetic, i.e. reversed), so I add this.