WaniKani needs a "test" button to move on to the next level + Custom study feature

If you continue with WaniKani you will soon see that you have too much to do. That being said, you can level up once every 6 days and 20 hours if you really wanted to. And then the fast levels, you can level up in half the speed. If you want to go fast, you can finish WK in 1 year.

Also you need to understand what SRS is. It will take 3 days and 10 hours to finish your radicals, and another 3 days and 10 hours to finish the rest of your kanji. Because the SRS goes, 4 hours, 8 hours, 23 hours, 47 hours. That’s how long it takes for it to show up until it’s Guru which is passing level.

Vocabulary is not useless, without it, you wouldn’t know how to read the other readings of the kanji, that’s the whole reason they give it to you.

If they let you level up when they want, you’d be overwhelmed, trust me. I’m going max speed so I’m doing around 21+ lessons a day, and doing around 300 reviews a day. You haven’t seen those types of numbers because you just started, but soon things will ramp up and that will be something you can do.

However, WaniKani gives you the options to limit yourself so you don’t have to face those numbers, because a normal person with school or a job cannot sustain that, most people end up quitting if they get too overwhelmed.

Once you finish 90% of the kanji, WaniKani already levels you up.

There are user scripts you can install that allow you to rearrange what you learn, like radicals and kanji first.

2 Likes