xerxes 300

20 Likes

Probably the 947294729th meme about WK reviews, but here we go :joy:

35 Likes

Never knew how enjoyable making memes for Japanese learners would be :relieved:

25 Likes

I didnt get this one

1 Like

One would assume it’s because Japanese is typically written vertically, but WaniKani displays horizontally, unless a script is used.

3 Likes

Ack! I need to up my meme game!

This was basically how 一 and 日 are relatively easy to learn… And then up comes 一日 with its wacky readings :joy:

17 Likes

4hbehb

or more like…

19 Likes

20201005_012617

24 Likes

24 Likes

Leeches are nasty. The 工 radical has been haunting me forever because I keep answering “industry” instead of “construction”. I always immediately remember as soon as I submit my answer too.

7 Likes

Yes, there are definitely some nasty items, especially radicals that have a different meaning than their kanji counterpart, like 一.

I currently struggle with vocabs 就業 and 就職 from lvl 27, I confuse those a lot :triumph: :weary:

2 Likes

Maybe when you keep getting something wrong, SRS enforces it. It becomes increasingly habitual!

4 Likes

I added “industry” as a synonym. The precise names of the radicals don’t matter so much in the long run, anyway.

12 Likes

Did you make those for the meme? I want a bowlful! Needle felted durtle fashion should be a thing!

2 Likes

Thanks, just got the whole thing done today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes

amazing… i see it now!

Can’t recall a WK art/craft thread but if it does not exist, there should be one and this should be in it!

Might steal your idea for earrings hehe

4 Likes

Hope you share the results :smiley:

2 Likes

The cone of silence.

5 Likes

Trying to keep it together in public after getting the leech wrong AGAIN
Dis

29 Likes