WaniKani Improve 2.2.2 — faster and smarter reviews

A++++++ would download again

An update is up (v.1.6.3), let me know if everything is okay.
Tested on Chrome and Firefox. You guys should use Firefox, so I wouldn’t have to test on both browsers every time Y__Y
I guess everything is working as it should, the script is doing it’s job and making my review sessions faster and more pleasant. So, I think this will be the final version.

BTW, I can understand English pretty well, have no problems reading books or watching movies in English, but when it comes to put the words together, it’s not that easy LOL
So, if I wrote something wrong or slightly off in the script output, let me know so I can change it, aye? :smiley:

The script broke with the new update.

You need to change the // @include line to: 

// @include WaniKani — Log in

satoshi was 5 minutes faster, i just wanted to post this as well :wink:

I am wondering if you could include a button or key combination that brings up the previous item pop-up without having to click on it. I’m all about efficiency, and I like to check the alternate meanings and readings fairly frequently, so it drags my time down to have to click on it and then click back on the text box when I’m done.

Hi Seiji, following @Satoshi’s suggestion, I’m integrating this script into Wanikani Mobile. I’ve tried a first integration, and the two seem to get along well :slight_smile:
Would that be ok for you? I noticed there is no copyright statement on top of your script: if you suggest any heading to put on top of the java class that embeds the script, I’d be happy to put it there (the app itself is GPLv3). Of course I’ll credit you on the store and on the WK post.

Sorry, I’ve been away from WK (neglecting my studies D:)

@Inserio that’s possible and not so hard to do, but we need to find a key combination that’s easy to reach and remember, and that won’t interfere with the browser and WK’s key shortcuts

@s84606 no problem at all, as I said in the OP, “Feel free to edit, customize and do anything you want with the script. Let me know if you find it useful :slight_smile:, no need to ask. I’m using WK Mobile and that would be a nice addition ~ 

Seiji said...@s84606 no problem at all, as I said in the OP, "Feel free to edit, customize and do anything you want with the script. Let me know if you find it useful :)", no need to ask. I'm using WK Mobile and that would be a nice addition ~ 
Hi Seiji, nice to see you back. Thank you for sharing; I hope I can make it available already for the next release.

the script is a little broken now. the auto advance still works, but the button for the info on the previous item is gone since yesterday’s WK update.

edit: while i’m already at it. is it possible to make a keyboard shortcut to the last item information?

Naryoril said... the script is a little broken now. the auto advance still works, but the button for the info on the previous item is gone since yesterday's WK update.
I managed to fix the script by replacing the only occurrence of "#option-home" with "#option-last-items". Hope that helps

s84606 said...
Naryoril said... the script is a little broken now. the auto advance still works, but the button for the info on the previous item is gone since yesterday's WK update.
I managed to fix the script by replacing the only occurrence of "#option-home" with "#option-last-items". Hope that helps

Works like a charm. Thanks a lot

Thanks for the script it’s awesome!!

Question though to anyone using the script with the new update to reviews and lessons implemented a couple of days ago. The new update has a feature were if you put the kunyomi reading instead of the onyomi reading it’s supposed to warn you and give you a chance to enter the correct one, it hasn’t worked for me. I’ve actually tried it on purpose a couple of times and it just says that it’s wrong. Do you think it’s the script that’s causing this? and that it needs to be updated?

Next time I have a review i’m gonna try disabling the script and see what happens. Until then please tell me your experience with this. Thanks!!

Thank you for this! I hope this is not too much to ask but would it be at all possible to delay the auto-forward for maybe a second or half a second, and have the bar turn green like it normally does? My brain is sort of tripping out a little bit when I don’t get the pretty green bar of re-assuredness. 

Similar to how it works on memrise mobile (maybe memrise too but I don’t use it on PC). Once you key in the correct answer, it detects it, turns the bar green, then advances in one go. 

So, correct answer > enter; green bar > proceed - would be awesome. I hope you can accommodate it and again thanks for you development thus far.

ajf15 said... Thanks for the script it's awesome!!

Question though to anyone using the script with the new update to reviews and lessons implemented a couple of days ago. The new update has a feature were if you put the kunyomi reading instead of the onyomi reading it's supposed to warn you and give you a chance to enter the correct one, it hasn't worked for me. I've actually tried it on purpose a couple of times and it just says that it's wrong. Do you think it's the script that's causing this? and that it needs to be updated?

Next time I have a review i'm gonna try disabling the script and see what happens. Until then please tell me your experience with this. Thanks!!
 no,  it's not this script. i'm using it and i already got the "please enter the other reading" message several times. it needs to be updated to show the "last item information" button. on how to do that check the bottom of page 3.
Naryoril said...
ajf15 said... Thanks for the script it's awesome!!

Question though to anyone using the script with the new update to reviews and lessons implemented a couple of days ago. The new update has a feature were if you put the kunyomi reading instead of the onyomi reading it's supposed to warn you and give you a chance to enter the correct one, it hasn't worked for me. I've actually tried it on purpose a couple of times and it just says that it's wrong. Do you think it's the script that's causing this? and that it needs to be updated?

Next time I have a review i'm gonna try disabling the script and see what happens. Until then please tell me your experience with this. Thanks!!
 no,  it's not this script. i'm using it and i already got the "please enter the other reading" message several times. it needs to be updated to show the "last item information" button. on how to do that check the bottom of page 3.
 Thank you!!! But I just updated the script to show the last item information and it's still not working. I entered まつ the onyomi for end for the vocabulary reading and it said it was wrong. here's proof http://postimg.org/image/9bptv8mk1/  it must me something else then...

Edit... just did some more research and supposedly the on/kun matching is only for kanji not vocab, but thank you for your info, it fixed the kanji part for me!
s84606 said...

I did that and the popup is coming up but not the item's actual information (it's just a white box).  Does anyone know how to fix this? :(
skip211 said...
s84606 said...

I did that and the popup is coming up but not the item's actual information (it's just a white box).  Does anyone know how to fix this? :(
The last update changed the item information logic more deeply. Instead of a dedicated page for each item, WK provides a JSON API now. I like this because it may come handy for other purposes, but this scripts needs significative changes to make it work again. 

s84606 said...The last update changed the item information logic more deeply. Instead of a dedicated page for each item, WK provides a JSON API now. I like this because it may come handy for other purposes, but this scripts needs significative changes to make it work again. 

So auto next item is broken or previous item pop up or both? I hope it's not the former, it's just too convenient.
Satoshi said...
s84606 said...The last update changed the item information logic more deeply. Instead of a dedicated page for each item, WK provides a JSON API now. I like this because it may come handy for other purposes, but this scripts needs significative changes to make it work again. 

So auto next item is broken or previous item pop up or both? I hope it's not the former, it's just too convenient.
 Auto next works fine, just the "last viewed" information is broken.
Apraxas said... Auto next works fine, just the "last viewed" information is broken.
 Oh. I can live with that.