WaniKani glitch?

After I got to level 3, the first review after I learn a lesson is about 4 hours, while it used to be 1 hour. Is this a system glitch or something?

1 Like

Nope, unfortunately for you, it’s just a sign you’re graduating to the big leagues. The first two levels are sped up to try to encourage people to stay. Level 3 and on, your first one comes at 4 hours.

2 Likes

Are you sure you’re not possibly confusing reviews from older levels cropping up after one hour? The default SRS interval for a newly learned item is 4 hours, as explained in the WK Guide (scroll down to the section “Hold on, I have to WAIT?”)

Edit: Nope, you’re not confused about anything, as Shadkat and Leebo explained. :slight_smile:

1 Like

aaaaah, I didn’t know that. Thank you for clarifying. ^^ Hmmm
 did I never notice that in the first few levels? I’m not very perceptive.

2 Likes

The first review comes after 2 hours for levels one and two, not 1 hour, basically the wait times are halved.

2 Likes

It’s been so long since I’ve done the first levels that I’m not sure about the details anymore but it’s something like that. Someone else might slide in here to clarify better :sweat_smile:
edit: Like Leebo three seconds before I hit send.

2 Likes

But it can feel like 1 hour if you do your lessons towards the end of the hour.

2 Likes

Sure, the method of calculating any next review time starts with removing the minutes from the time the lesson or review was done and then adding the applicable hours.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.