WaniKani for iOS

Xalphenos said... Yeah my last two levels are messed up as well.  They both say 16.8 days, which is the combined total of my last two levels.  My current level had a delayed start due to holiday traveling.  Both level 16 and 17 in my graph keep growing each day. 
 You have to let go of level 16. She'll not come back!
jakobd said...
Xalphenos said... Yeah my last two levels are messed up as well.  They both say 16.8 days, which is the combined total of my last two levels.  My current level had a delayed start due to holiday traveling.  Both level 16 and 17 in my graph keep growing each day. 
 You have to let go of level 16. She'll not come back!
 I refuse to believe it.  She just can't be gone.  This app tells me she never left. 

i now had a level up and i think only the visual is messed up. both are growing but if you get a level up the last bar changes to normal again. therefore it isn’t messing up your statistics its just that there is a displa error. But I am still glad that the app is back working, because that allows me to to do wani even if I’m away from my Pc the whole day (i haaate mobile browsers ^^)

Thanks for the reports guys. I’m hoping to submit a new build this weekend fixing the last level display in the graph, and some other little tweaks like viewing item information during reviews/lessons.

Haven’t been able to use the app in the last couple of days.  I’m stuck on the enter API screen.  Every time I hit enter or refresh the page it says I am unable to connect. Any ideas on when this will get fixed?

Are you sure your API key is entered correctly? I’m not having any trouble using my key.

Yeah, I’ve tried re-entering it three times (both copying and pasting it and entering it manually) just to be sure I was entering it correctly.   It continues to give me the error:  “Unable to Connect.  WaniKani seems to be unavailable at the moment, please try again later!”

I thought that maybe it had something to do with the merge to the new SSL certificate so I waited a day.  Still not working.

Edit:  Re-installed the app and it’s working now.  I didn’t even have to re-enter my API key.  Hmmm.  Weird.

pushindawood said... Yeah, I've tried re-entering it three times (both copying and pasting it and entering it manually) just to be sure I was entering it correctly.   It continues to give me the error:  "Unable to Connect.  WaniKani seems to be unavailable at the moment, please try again later!"

I thought that maybe it had something to do with the merge to the new SSL certificate so I waited a day.  Still not working.

Edit:  Re-installed the app and it's working now.  I didn't even have to re-enter my API key.  Hmmm.  Weird.
Your most recent API key is synced via iCloud after successful login, so it automatically applied that on reinstall. The login process is ultimately the same whether you enter it yourself though, so it seems odd that would work here. Maybe there was some other conflict that a fresh install resolved. Do you recall if you tried closing the app and starting from a cold launch before reinstalling?

But I'm glad to hear it's working for you again!
kiko said...Your most recent API key is synced via iCloud after successful login, so it automatically applied that on reinstall. The login process is ultimately the same whether you enter it yourself though, so it seems odd that would work here. Maybe there was some other conflict that a fresh install resolved. Do you recall if you tried closing the app and starting from a cold launch before reinstalling?

But I'm glad to hear it's working for you again!
 Starting from a cold launch was one of the first things I tried.  Whatever!  It's working again, so that's all that matters.  Thank you for continuing to work on the app/timeline/etc.

Hi kiko,
I have a problem, the push notification feature does not work for me. Though, there is a badge but it only updates when I open the app. That’s why I have to make my own notifier(/t/WaniKani-Email-Notifier-Never-miss-your-waiting-reviews/4140/1). I saw you mention push notification on the first page so it may be only me who have this problem.

Hello,
  I think your working on the  level progression error, but sometime extra information can help find a bug.  When I (just) made level 2, it now says I took  8796.5 days for level 1 and have been on level two for 8.5 days.  Took 8.5 days for level 1.
  A little depressing to have it estimate that I will complete level 50 in February of 3194 笑. 

Love the flexibility of having the app to do my reviews on the go.  Thanks for developing the app!

-------
update:  never mind.  Once I completed my level 2 lessons it was updated and is now correct… March of 2015 sounds so much better!

Hello, I dunno if this has already been addressed or if this is an issue other users have been having but since I downloaded your app for the Mac Safari, I have not been able to do reviews using my browser. It will show me the first item to be reviewed. I will type in my answer, hit return [enter]. but then the little spinning, beach ball of death shows up and causes Safari to stop working. Any advice? 

Thanks~!

Hey Kiko,

Is the source for the app available?
I’d be interested in helping out with maintenance / features.

Andy

I updated to the 2.1 version.  For two days I was getting the
notifications when my reviews came, but the last day or so I’m no longer
getting the notifications.

The other thing I notice, probably
unrelated, but different from before, when I use a web-browser even if
reviews are already ready and in the queue, it will still say <1
minute.   (instead of: X minutes ago)
So maybe this is causing the app to not receive the signal they are ready and trigger the notification? (guess).

Hi kiko,
This is probably a big ask, but what are the chances of incorporating some of the features of your Customizer script into the app as options?  It would be so cool to have the sorting features integrated, in particular.  Thanks and lots of internet love/good karma etc etc <3 <3 <3

Can you make a Mac 10.8.5 Version for this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wanikani-timelapse/id771602921?ls=1&mt=12 ?

I might be just missing something obvious, but I just downloaded the Mac time-lapse app, but I’m not sure how to get it working? It’s in my menubar and knows when my next review is, but it’s not producing any time lapses?

andy said... Hey Kiko,

Is the source for the app available?
I'd be interested in helping out with maintenance / features.

Andy
I don't have plans to at this time, as it's extra work unfortunately to make sure I'm happy with the code and everything for the public. Is there something specific you'd like to do with it? Feel free to drop me an email if you'd like to discuss it as well.

pinkhoshi said... Hi kiko,
This is probably a big ask, but what are the chances of incorporating some of the features of your Customizer script into the app as options?  It would be so cool to have the sorting features integrated, in particular.  Thanks and lots of internet love/good karma etc etc <3 <3 <3
I've been intending to do this after 2.0 was released, so apologies for the delay. I've started implementing a proper options page which will be prerequisite for integrating these additional features.

Koutchinski said... Can you make a Mac 10.8.5 Version for this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wanikani-timelapse/id771602921?ls=1&mt=12 ?
I should be able to support 10.8, I just haven't been able to test it there, so I didn't want to release for it just yet. Hopefully I can do that for the next release.

quickdrawkiddo said... I might be just missing something obvious, but I just downloaded the Mac time-lapse app, but I'm not sure how to get it working? It's in my menubar and knows when my next review is, but it's not producing any time lapses?
Sorry it's not working for you! I've received several reports of that, so hopefully I can track down why the time-lapse part seems to only be working for me D:

zengk27 said... I updated to the 2.1 version.  For two days I was getting the notifications when my reviews came, but the last day or so I'm no longer getting the notifications.

The other thing I notice, probably unrelated, but different from before, when I use a web-browser even if reviews are already ready and in the queue, it will still say <1 minute.   (instead of: X minutes ago)
So maybe this is causing the app to not receive the signal they are ready and trigger the notification? (guess).
I accidentally reverted to a bit of test code which turned them off (silly me), but you should start seeing them again now.
kiko said...
pinkhoshi said... Hi kiko,
I've been intending to do this after 2.0 was released, so apologies for the delay. I've started implementing a proper options page which will be prerequisite for integrating these additional features.

Awesome - thanks so much!

I’m planning to move back to iPhone this fall when iPhone 6 is released (I have a Galaxy S3 now) – it would be cool to see the ignore script incorporated. I use your app on my iPad and love it, but I get frustrated when I fat-finger something on the iPad and end up missing something I knew. :slight_smile:

It would be nice to also be able to choose between lessons or reviews. For example, if I have 50 lessons and 50 reviews, I don’t think it lets me do the reviews until the lessons are done – it just says “New lessons available”. I’ve been trying to throttle back lessons and only keep up on reviews, but I can’t review in the app while I have outstanding lessons. Unless I’m missing something?

Thanks for your work on this app – it’s got a great-looking UI!