WaniKani for iOS

Mediumrobin said...
lpertusi said... Is anyone else having problems with the ios app crashing less than a second after the splash screen every time it opens? At first the ios7 update was working great, and then this started happening - even after restarting my phone.
 Yes. Very frustrating. I can't use the app at all
 Same here. I tried reinstalling it as well, didn't help. The only thing the app is good for right now is showing the number of lessons / reviews I have available.
Xalphenos said... No your not the only one.  Here is what Kiko said:
kiko said... Thanks all for the kind words, I hope to be more active again here after the new year.

The crashing is indeed a problem due to breaking changes in v1.2 of the WaniKani API. Clearly I should have been specifying the API version in the request, but I had (foolishly) assumed it was only available to legacy API versions.

I finished testing a new update tonight and have submitted it to Apple for review. This version will also fix the error causing the current level time to always show 0 minutes. Sorry for the inconvenience!
 So it seems we are just waiting on Apple.
 Anyone know how long it normally takes for apple to publish the updates? 

It can take a while for things to get through the AppStore review queue, unfortunately. I just found out about this, but am also experiencing the bug with the API. Looking forward to using it when the new version is up!

Nyueru said... Anyone know how long it normally takes for apple to publish the updates? 
 Can be a couple of weeks I believe.

Viet said: “I’ve talked to Kiko and he told me he updated the WK Customizer and iOS app (I think it is still pending approval). If the former isn’t working, I’d suggest updating it.”

Looks like the app was approved. Thanks again for the quick fix :slight_smile:

Honestly guys you can go back one page and find out what’s going on. As much as I would like to have the app updated last week when the issue arose, the nature of the App Store is waiting for Apple’s approval.

At any rate the update is available now. I’ve also updated the OP to make the iOS 7 requirement a little clearer. Again sorry to those whose devices can’t get iOS 7; it was a little disappointing that Apple couldn’t update a generation back of iPod Touches.

welp my ipod 4 is pretty useless now.

New version is working great.  Thanks kiko!  It’s so nice to have the app working again :slight_smile:

perfect timing :smiley: 4 hours boring of university courses coming up… and lots of reviews :wink: thank you very much :slight_smile:

but the graphs are a bit messed up aren’t they? i am only using wanikani for nearly a month but it says each level has taken me >21 days ^^

Thanks!

I really enjoyed this when I used it for a solid week two weeks ago.  Accidentally killed the internet while it was still running and now it just crashes… reinstall and everything, enter new code: crashes.  It doesn’t seem that your support site is up either so that’s why I’m posting here.  Hope I didn’t break a forum rule or something.  I real really liked that app while it was working for me!

Jezebell said... but the graphs are a bit messed up aren't they? i am only using wanikani for nearly a month but it says each level has taken me >21 days ^^
 Now that you mention it, the timing for my current level and the previous one are off.  Everything else is correct.

DET said... I really enjoyed this when I used it for a solid week two weeks ago.  Accidentally killed the internet while it was still running and now it just crashes... reinstall and everything, enter new code: crashes.  It doesn't seem that your support site is up either so that's why I'm posting here.  Hope I didn't break a forum rule or something.  I real really liked that app while it was working for me!
 The new update of the app that was released a few hours ago fixes this issue.

YAY it works!!!

i may get a iphone 5s soon, when i get it this will be my first app i’ll download.

Thank you for the fix Kiko!

I too am having weird issues with the level graph - it is saying my last two level took 16.5 days when in fact they took 8 days and 1 hour and 8 days and 2 hours respectively. Do you have any idea what could be causing that? The wstats webapp uses the same method of calculating it as you, right? So why would they give different results?

My graphing is also messed up. For example, I started level 8 last night, and it says I have been doing it for 9.4 days already? I am glad to be able to do reviews on my phone again because of the new update, but I really like seeing my progress and knowing what it actually is. 

Yes my level graph shows a wrong time at least for the currect level I think.

Yeah my last two levels are messed up as well.  They both say 16.8 days, which is the combined total of my last two levels.  My current level had a delayed start due to holiday traveling.  Both level 16 and 17 in my graph keep growing each day.