WaniKani Content Overhaul

All seems to have gone smoothly, all radicals relearnt and back in the queue, apart from one radical on my current level

Temple is stuck in the queue, it didn’t appear on the tools page, and I have learnt the kanji at this level that depend on it… Not sure when or how I can relearn this one.

Y’all are such DORCs!

2 Likes

Pretty sure if you unlocked them, they can’t be relocked, so you’ll still get the reviews as usual.

Hmm, so I relearned the 17 urgent, but only 2 of the 17 are in 4 hours.

Ok, so seems even if you choose to relearn them, burnt items stay burnt, and only ones that aren’t currently burnt get reset to apprentice 1.

I’m having the same issue too.

Yep I’m having this exact same issue

Okay I kinda freaked out for a moment because I have been learning all of these radicals for so long and would absolutely loathe to rememorize everything. Thank you for giving us the option to stick with the old names. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Not sure if someone already asked this but…

I had 18 radicals automatically go into my Lesson queue. I think that means that these are just brand new, added radicals, correct? Not edited ones?

And I need to do them because most likely they will be used in future levels. Not to mention I’d randomly have 18 radical lessons forever. Now I’m just rambling. I’ll shut up.

Edit to add : My level up time seems to have been affected. D: Previous to this, I should have leveled up on Monday. Now my stats page says I won’t level up until next Wednesday. (presumably due to the new items that showed up in my queue? idk)

4 Likes

Is “yurt” really more known than “hick”?

I knew what a hick was when I first learned the radical, but with yurt I thought at first that it’s some kind of abbreviation of yoghurt :sweat_smile:
I didn’t even know the word in my native language.

@Ryouki I also have some unlearned new radicals from previous levels, but they were not added automatically into my lessons. Infact, they are all grayed out and locked and I don’t know how to add them. I can’t add them to my lessons with the tool either because they don’t appear there.

And for some reason the new gladiator radical seems to be extra fancy compared to the others.

6 Likes

I’m also seeing an issue where radicals 舌 and 市 are marked as locked even though there are kanji that I have learned that are based on them are unlocked such as 活 and 姉 respectively. I’m guessing this was a change in which radicals those two kanji are meant to derive from, but then there’s nothing in my upcoming lessons to unlock those new radicals.

Also, 私 seems to have been added to level 6 and it’s a locked kanji but again there’s no upcoming lesson to learn it even though its radicals are both at a guru and master level respectively for me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

I have no idea what ‘yurt’ is, but I know what a ‘hick’ is.

Mine appeared in my lesson queue without any action on my part. I don’t see them anywhere in the tool, so I’m assuming they are new for everyone.

4 Likes

am i the only one who lost connection to the review page?

Ditto. I had to google “yurt” because I have never heard that word before.

2 Likes

Never heard the word hick XD yurt is at least almost the sames as the german version „Jurte“ but I also think not many people will know it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Doesn’t it move around though? Propulsion = ship…

The Kanji 投 is missing a mnemonic for the “new” required reading, とう.

2 Likes

I also have several new locked radicals on past levels(19 to be exact) that weren’t added to my lessons, and not sure how to unlock/add them.

1 Like

That was meant to be a one-liner joke rather than the opening to a conversation, but I will say this: It’s invariably referred to in dialogue as a station. (Or sometimes a weapon. But never a ship.)

Ah. Never seen the movie so…

Oh, well then. Go watch them sometime. You’re in for a treat. :slightly_smiling_face: