Vol 2 starts Apr 13 - 気になってる人が男じゃなかった ・The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't A Guy At All (Beginner Book Club)

Thanks for your input TobiasW which was very helpful. I realised that there is an error in your suggested schedule, and there only need to be 4 weeks at 16 pages not 5, for a total of 10 weeks.

This then becomes the same as I had proposed above, but with 2 weeks (rather than 1) of 12 pages at the start, and 3 weeks (rather than 2) of 20 pages towards the end. I think that this is the perfect schedule based on all the feedback.

I’ve gone ahead and added this to the opening post. Please let me know if you spot a mistake! Thanks all.

8 Likes

I just checked out what’s available on Pivix. Even without furigana it wasn’t difficult. The story sounds interesting. I’ll have a go at it.
ETA: I picked up a physical copy at my local Kinokuniya. I’m excited for this.

6 Likes

Just got my physical copy! It sure sits under the “expensive” side of manga but it’s indeed a gorgeous edition with pages that are larger than most manga I usually read. Looking forward for this BC! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Has anyone figured the twitter posts order and downloaded it in order? I was aiming to run it via MokuroManga so we can use it with Yomichan if needed :slight_smile: Also, anyone in Europe knows where to get a physical copy?

3 Likes

I haven’t looked at Twitter as I have the ebook but I could share the contents page if that helps?

3 Likes

Excited to reread this, but in Japanese! Read it in English a while back and liked the story/art enough that I immediately picked up a physical copy when I saw it in a bookstore in Japan, despite not actively studying Japanese at the time, heh.

9 Likes

I haven’t joined a bookclub before, but I read part of this one in English and really liked it. So I might try to follow along.

10 Likes

I’m way behind in the other book clubs that I’ve joined, so no promises with this one - but I’ve ordered a physical copy from Japan which might get here by the first week of February…

4 Likes

I was in Kinokuniya yesterday, and their website said they had a copy in stock, but I couldn’t find it anywhere, sooo… digital copy for me.

2 Likes

did you ask the desk? i don’t know if it’s filed in the yuri section instead of the general section.

3 Likes

Yeah, I checked the yuri section. Didn’t ask at the desk.

Though I genuinely cannot work out how the Japanese books are sorted. They’re generally sorted in English alphabetical order by the first romaji in the book’s title - i.e. all the ones that start with A are together, then B, then… uh… D, and so forth - but within each letter they seem to be random - among the Ks, there’ll be a 君 and then a この and then a 恋 and then back to 君 and then maybe a カラー. The manga aren’t sorted by publisher like Kinokuniya does it in Japan (though some of the other sections do seem to be). There’s a sign up which implies they’re sorted in alphabetical order when the titles are translated into English, but that seems too daft for words.

7 Likes

It sounds like someone who can’t read Japanese is probably being asking to arrange the shelves

4 Likes

nah, the section manager is japanese and a lot of the staff in that section are japanese, i’ve had conversations with them (mostly just preordering stuff). i think the sign is just stupid

4 Likes

Wow, didn’t know you are (in) Australia(n)!

2 Likes

Yes, it feels like there’s a larger amount of aussies here than I would have expected (but also a lot of germans, people above the arctic circle, etc). I’m used to these spaces being completely dominated by Americans…

5 Likes

It’s 26th January which means two things:

1 - I really need to get my tax return done
2 - This bookclub starts in one week’s time!

9 Likes

気になってることが税金申告じゃなかった :money_with_wings:

11 Likes

そうですね!大嫌い!(笑)

5 Likes

Yeah, ngl if I was forced to guess, I would’ve guessed you were a Brit or from a German speaking country lol

2 Likes

First time being a part of a bookclub! Excited to see how it goes with my extremely rusty japanese and level 9 wanikani :))

13 Likes