[Userscript] Wanikani Item Inspector

Did you notice the text color is pure black in the enlarge popup and some grayish color in other text areas? Why is that?

Ohhh, right right. I left a lot of the text color styling in the non-table sections as whatever you set because it was hard to tell in places if it was the text color of an item on the item-colored background. This one is under a rule for #WkitTopBar.WkitDark .WkitTooltip2 .WkitEnlargedTooltip. Because I didnā€™t see any background-color property in this rule it was not flagged to me as something I needed to change.

I would find this rule and change the color property from color: var(--wkit-text-color-dark); to color: var(--wkit-text-color-item);.

Iā€™ll spend some time to do a more comprehensive review of where --wkit-text-color-dark, --wkit-kanji-text-color-dark, --wkit-text-color-dark-theme and --wkit-text-color-light are used and if they need to be replaced. Iā€™d love to use the WK css variable --color-text as this is what a userstyle will override, but that is only for the main text color and there isnā€™t a good way to know if the userstyle is implementing its own ā€œinvertedā€ text color variable (BD2 has --color-text-dark and Elementary Dark has --ED-text-inv and some other grey text colors). It doesnā€™t help that a dark themeā€™s inverted text color is a light themeā€™s normal --color-text.

1 Like

I checked the visual look of BD2 of all the different rules and the enlarged tooltip is the only odd one.

You are welcome to submit your planned changes in a pull request. I trust you will do a good job.

NVM, fixed by updating to 1.25.0 (was 1.23.0). Triggering update from TamperMonkey dashboard doesnā€™t work for some reasons.

However, console log got polluted. (There is console.log in the code.)

Version 1.25.1 is available - Download it at the link in the top post

Fixes the console.log pollution reported by @polv

3 Likes

Is there a way to set the date on the popups so they display the year?

1 Like

Not currently. I will need to change the date display routines,

1 Like

Would really appreciate it! :grin:

1 Like

The export to csv button isnā€™t working for me anymore. When I click it nothing happens. All the other buttons seem to work.

1 Like

I am able to reproduce the problem. I will post a fix when I have time.

1 Like

Version 1.26.0 is available - Please download it at the link in the top post.

Fixes the bug reported by @Ben-S

Changes the date display as requested by @Aikibujin

Now the year will display in dates in popups whenever one of two condition is met

• whenever the year is different from current year
  • or whenever there is at least two months difference between the date month and current month.
2 Likes

Version 1.26.1 is available - Please download it at the link in the top post.

Fixes console pollution introduced in version 1.26.0.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you :grin:

1 Like

All good again, thank you.

1 Like

Sorry I seem to be having another problem with the export to csv button. Thereā€™s no dropdown appearing when I click on it. Other buttons seem to work ok.

1 Like

I am able to reproduce the problem. I will fix it when I have time.

Version 1.26.2 is available - Please download it from the link in the top post.

The fixes the bug reported by @Ben-S.

1 Like

Version 1.26.3 is available - Please download it from the link in the top post

This implements a css variable for text color as suggested by @LupoMikti

1 Like

Version 1.26.4 is available - Please download it from the link in the top post

This fixes a bug in version 1.26.3

1 Like

hi @prouleau, Is there is a way to filter for kana only items to export out? Or are they only within ā€œAll Wanikani itemsā€

1 Like