Hello, @Sinyaven.

If you still want to go through with it, you can install this helper script,

I did this:

• Disabled everything except the helper script then visited WK with Ctrl+F5,
  • Then enabled also the Open Framework and visited WK, then Ctrl+F5,
  • Then deleted the helper script.
  • Then reenabled all user scripts.
  • Ctrl+F5 and visit a kanji page.

Now none of the user scripts seem to work - no Keisei, no Kanjidamage (these both add sections to Lesson pages).

can you type this into your webbrowser console and see what it returns?

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is actually a Unicode position for the 新字体 of 僉. Maybe not available easily to type (google handwriting keyboard czn’t produce it for example), but it can be copypasted, here it is: 㑒

1 Like

Huge thanks! trunky_rolling

An update for those about the icons thing.

The entire month of May has seen me the busiest I’ve been in a while and so I could not give much time to this, but thanks to help from @Hubbit200 I was able to find free svg replacements for every icon this script and Niai uses. I hope to have the pull request submitted within a week of making this post. Thanks for bearing with my slowness on this one.

5 Likes

Thank you for your work! :slight_smile:

Not even KanjiDamage? That one does not even use Open Framework.

Maybe Item Info Injector is not adding the section correctly, since now it also affects KanjiDamage? :thinking: Can you check what happens if you go to a kanji page and type the following into the console:

wkItemInfo.under("reading").appendSubsection("Test", "Does it appear between the reading mnemonic and the reading notes?");
2 Likes

Sorry, I was away for the weekend, for the Japan-Tag event in Düsseldorf.

I boot up my computer today, and open up Chrome and the WK homepage to do my reviews at my PC again, and it shows me a little script window that it keeps loading something on the side, and I checked again, and KanjiDamage and KeiSei work again. So does the ConfusionGuesser script.

Restarting my computer and Chrome must have done the trick. Sorry for having taken more of your time than necessary!

1 Like

I have just submitted the pull request to fix the icons. Hopefully I was able to catch everything while testing.

1 Like

Good news, the PR was just accepted and merged, so an update to this script (and Niai if you use it) should restore the icons.

3 Likes

I am getting the error Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Icons is undefined (at line 2656) whilst trying to use the script.

Hmm, the Icons library should get included automatically, but it’s possible this is an issue with turbo loads; when I was doing all of my testing I tried to catch all instances of this. Can you tell me what page you were on or if you were doing lessons/reviews? If you were doing lessons, did you start them normally or from the lesson picker?

The second thing that would help me is if you click on the line in the error that says what line the exception is at so it takes you to the debugger and then give a screenshot of that section of code so I know where to look at. The line number doesn’t help because when the script is loaded by the script manager it is done as a single file, whereas the script is written with separate files.

1 Like

The error occurs on every page for me; radicals, kanji, reviews, lessons, etc.

1 Like

Ok, while on the page, can you type into the console Icons.VERSION_NUM and tell me if it gives a result or an error?

1 Like

It gives me an error, ReferenceError: Icons is not defined

1 Like

Ok, sorry if this is going to get fairly technical. Please bear with me.

In the debugger, can you try to ctrl+f for the following: CustomIcons

If that shows up, please then try to search for either class Icons or leohumnew.

1 Like

CustomIcons exists as part of other function names (addCustomIcons, initializeCustomIcons) and as part of a required script name. class Icons exists, leohumnew is only in the document as a part of a comment.

1 Like

Ok, good, that means it’s all there. Sadly that just makes things more weird, because the existence of class Icons means that it should be getting put on the window object.

Alright, to test that script requiring is working, please input into the console wkItemInfo.version and verify that it gives a version number.

If it does give a number, please tell me what browser you are using and its current version and what script manager you are using.

1 Like

3.10, using Tampermonkey

And browser + current version of it?

1 Like

Firefox version 126.0.1