[Userscript] Item Filter

I was expecting that Tampermonkey would have a storage sync feature and tried to use the Tampermonkey storage instead of localStorage, but sadly Tampermonkey only syncs the list of scripts but not their settings. At the moment I cannot think of a good solution for syncing the settings, but if anyone has suggestions, let me know.

2 Likes

Maybe this is what you are looking for?

2 Likes

I’m sure it would be a lot of work, but just wanted to put in a request that if possible I would love to see this script updated to work with the new WaniKani UI as I still heavily use it to skip over vocab I already know!

1 Like

I will update the script once I’m back from work in ~10 hours.

1 Like

I have updated the script to version 1.9. If anything doesn’t work, let me know.

4 Likes

Does not work from today anymore… :frowning: it says “do u want to autopass?” i say “yes” but nothing happens…

1 Like

Not working for me either. When I exit my reviews, the remaining auto skip items still show as due. So its skipping them, but not sending in the correct answer for some reason

2 Likes

@kanjikancho @sadfghjkl This should now be fixed in version 1.14.

2 Likes

Thanks so much! Looks good

1 Like

I’m having the same problem as the one a couple months ago, where it asks if I want to auto-pass but they’re just skipped and not actually answered

1 Like

I was not able to recreate the problem. Can you check in your webbrowser’s console for any errors (step g in this guide)? What webbrowser are you using, and does it happen only for a specific item type (radical, kanji, vocab, kana vocab)?

I didn’t know about that troubleshooting guide, thank you! I ended up switching from Greasemonkey to Tampermonkey and everything worked fine. Sorry for the trouble, I’m still new to userscripts ^^;

1 Like

The script seems to interfere with the [Userscript] Stroke Order Diagram, at least the options for the item filter don’t show up for me anymore unless i switch the other script off.

On what page is this happening? Can you go through these steps to gather more info about the problem? Or you could install Item Info Injector, and that should probably fix the problem.

1 Like

I went through your list and it seems like I was missing an update. >.< Usually that’s where I check first.
And that somehow also got the stroke order-script which I was having problems as well, running again. So two flies with one stroke. :v:

1 Like

Currently also trying to use this script for this purpose. Is there any efficient way to go about this without manually clicking all the checkboxes for literally every radical? :smiley:

No, there is no other way provided by the script. However, if you have a list of the WaniKani item IDs and know a bit of JavaScript, you can add them all at once to Item Filter by setting localStorage["waniKaniItemFilter"] to the list of item IDs.

1 Like

I thought about doing something like that, but in the end i settled with just checking the unwanted stuff during the initial lessons.

Also just wanted to say that this has become one of my favorite scripts. I use it to eliminate all radicals, suru verbs, numbers, counters, kana only vocab, things i would consider to be grammar (like 々) and of course items i simply already know (was a happy level 42 before, but decided to do a kanji refresh after focusing on other parts of the language).

Suddenly, the 200 review pile becomes 40. It´s epic.