Tokyo Olympics 2021: WaniKani Edition (the real date, not the 2020 gun-jumpers)

oh my… you’ve overtaken me

unlike you, i’ve chosen to tackle the vocab pile…

i’ll join you in a few days!

3 Likes

6 Likes

i have NO words…

wait, i’m totally lying

i have lotsa words: pfffft, tssssskk, oooooh haaaaaa, ou la laaaaa

mmmmh… so maybe those are not words after all!

sort yourself out!

3 Likes

Thank you for replying my fellow 水 team member! I love touhou or touhou-adjacent music! The original instrumentals are my go-to for when I’m programming and need to focus. Anemone and Phoenix have nice soft beats that remind me of Yasutaka Nakata produced tracks.

Ahh the vocals on the third song were unexpectedly adorable; I love her voice! It feels like I’m listening to a really dance-heavy Kyary or CAPSULE song.

My favourite was the last video! I don’t usually listen to music like this (kind of conversational? the closest I’ve gotten is certain vocaloid songs) so it’s fun to find a totally new and different artist. Plus, who doesn’t love transcripts. The instrumental solo and bass line are heavenly!

Thanks for taking the time to share these!

1 Like

Made it to level 16, so that’s one more level for team 火. Just 44 more level ups to the goal.

4 Likes

@all y’all unmentioned

3 Likes

I’m following most of my fellow 水 on a new bracket!

6 Likes

Oh yeah, bringing the 空 to the fast levels!

5 Likes

Awesome! The rest of the team over at the 10-19 levels are quaking!

3 Likes

Ooooh baby! Just stepped out of level 1-9 and it feels good!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, I took part for a while in the last Olympians thread, but then (apparently) didn’t pull through very well. Now I am planning to focus on WK a lot for the next few months during the fast levels, so having some nice team synergy to keep me going might be good.

I’d love to be a part of team 地, I also already edited me into the wiki, hopefully that’s alright :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck to everyone, and burn those turtles.

6 Likes

Yes, very welcome to the team! Check in on the :globe_with_meridians: Olympians XXXII - OFFICIAL Team 地 shared study log

1 Like

I’m at level 40!

(@keitlilbit, @Politeod I took the liberty of updating your level in the chart :wink:. Keep it up!)

8 Likes

Congratulations! :partying_face:

3 Likes

congrats saida! you been flying lately!

2 Likes

The benefits of doing it all a second time, and a good sustainable routine :wink:

2 Likes

Not as memorable as saida but level 35. Now my age is my level.
.congrats Saida :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Level 44 has been reached in my set time of 4 days/level. Let’s see if I can keep this up :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

damn near always listening to funky monkey babies or Rip Slyme.

1 Like

buddha all kindly, finally!

ezgif.com-gif-maker (5)

and yes, it’s the sweat of my brow i’m bending!

@whinette

6 Likes