Tips or a pick-me-up? (18 months of learning, slow progress)

Yeah, Terrace House is a bit of a slow burn. I’m not too interested in the plot, I mainly just focus on how they speak and how they use their more casual phrases. I’d write a few down and then practice them in conversation when speaking with my Japanese language buddies. Little sayings like, 「いいかんじ…」 etc. Those little phrases really help make me sound more natural, and work well to pad out a conversation. I find it a bit more realistic than the over-the-top anime expressions too. There’s three different versions too. The newest one, Opening New Doors is probably my favourite. It’s set in Nagano.

1 Like

I haven’t found any good ones for a reasonable price (granted importing does cost money so I understand). If you intend to continue studying when you get back from Japan you can pick some up in Japan while you are there. The ones I was looking at were a bit over 2000 yen, so not super cheap, but an option.

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll look into getting some while I’m over there. I imagine that they probably retain their value pretty well so I can always sell them on eBay once I’m finished with them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.