The Scandinavikanians

I och för sig har jag ett eget hus på tomten, så det är inte på sådant vis att jag stör mina föräldrar. Kommer nog bo kvar här tills jag får min master. Eftersom att jag är det sista barnet av tre så vill de gärna att jag inte växer upp flyttar.

Inga problem. Det är ju detta som är bra med forum, man kan svara på vilken post man vill, det behöver inte vara den senaste. Gick för övrigt och lade mig just innan du skrev.

Är det någon här som har varit i Nordkap(p)/North Cape? Planerar en resa dit i december; från Stockholm, var jag bor, via Narvik i Norge.

2 Likes

i bland är jag grymt avundsjuk på ungdomar av i dag. Seriehyllan på biblioteket där jag växte upp var iofs ganska ok, med bland annat serier som “Spirou” och “Johan och Pellevin”. Men Japanska serier med den uttrycksform de har var totalt okänt. Hade jag lyckats skaffa mig ett intresse för den kultur som finns kring Manga/Anime och dessutom försökt lära mig Japanska skulle jag ha varit ganska så socialt rökt. Möjligheterna att lära känna personer från hela världen är ju enorma idag. Min dotter är vansinnigt mycket bättre på engelska än jag var i hennes åder.
Å andra sidan var nog tempot lugnare då.
Och när det är dags att flytta hemifrån så är det ju på många ställen hopplöst att hitta/ha råd till en bostad. Visserligen är räntorna långt från de 13% som gällde när jag växte upp, men priserna är vansinnigt mycket högre.
När jag flyttade hemifrån på riktigt 95 så fick vi enkelt tag på en helt ok. hyreslägenhet 80 kvadrat 5000/mån inkl. garage.
Lite avis blir jag när jag besöker Närcon och ser alla glada ungdomar (Vi är några gamlingar där också), men så är det och inte så mycket att göra åt.
Läser just nu Mangan “Nausicaä from the valley of the wind” i engelsk översättning. Den skiljer ganska mycket från filmen.

1 Like

Hej hej, längesen jag var här, men kul att vara tillbaka ^^

Välkommen hem!

taaaaack <3

1 Like

Jeeeez, it’s hot. It’s impossible to study in this heat. I just stuffed an ice pack down my shirt. How’s everyone else in the Northern hemisphere?

5 Likes

I bought a fan and a bunch of ice packs! I have an ice pack with me at all time, even in bed. halp

3 Likes

Oooh, I wish I could buy another fan, but they seem to be sold out everywhere :'D I’m glad my room is the “coolest” from all of the rooms in our apartment. Well, it says it’s 28°C here right now… But somehow at night it’s bearable.

1 Like

I was lucky. They said on the news that they were sold out all over the country, but I managed to get the last one (of the model) when I ordered mine.

2 Likes

I am melting as we speak. They say it’s around 35C during the day in Helsinki but I swear to god it feels hotter. Also, it definitely gets to 38C inside apartments. :frowning: It hasn’t even rained in days.

We’re also very worried about forest and wildfires spreading throughout Finland 'cause there’s already been a few. I’m also so devastated about what’s happening in Greece and in other places in Europe. :frowning:

How are y’all doing? I honestly can’t wait for fall.

5 Likes

So many forest fires here

The earth is dying. :cry:

What’s this about Greece, btw? I don’t really follow the news

It’s just really bad there. At least 80 people dead, houses burnt, people missing. President declared national mourning… I have friends in Athens and it’s just… really bad. I’m sure you can find pictures if you google Greece fire.

“kya-sutin” sounds a lot closer to me… I named myself AnniB in Japan so that people would not murder the 'th’s and 'l’s in my other names!

1 Like

1+ Sthlm
Anyone going to Rållis on the 18th? They are showing Princess Mononoke.

2 Likes

Nah.

Ooh shit, was it that hot? Maybe Espoo is a liiiiittle cooler then :thinking:

Just the other day I was really looking forward to a thunder and a proper rain. Nope!

Thank you, Amazon.de! :heart: I really hope I didn’t purchase crap…

2 Likes

If you are finding your current weather unbearably uncomfortable, you may wish to reconsider moving to Australia where such temperatures are standard summer weather. I live on the opposite side of the country to Sydney, and know the climate there is a bit different, but it is not unusual for us to go for weeks or even months in the summer without rain, and the south west of Australia is one of the fastest-warming and fastest-drying areas on the planet thanks to global warming.