The Scandinavikanians

Hot is the word. Been at NärCon all thursday, and probably will spend most of the coming days there. Drinking lots of water.
I’m very glad I’m not wearing a costume or a wig or something even worse on my head.
When filling up my water bottle I wet my hair too, to help me stay cool.:sunglasses:
Despite the heat, there is a lot activity outdoors and indoors.

4 Likes

I know how much hotter Australia is. It’s just that when you’re a Nordic, you’re used to slightly cooler temperatures so that what’s normal to other people might be unbearable for us.

Like, take me to any place with -35C with proper clothing and I’m just fine. But anything over 30C and I and many other Nordics are very… very… uncomfortable. It’s just how it is.

About moving to Australia… I know what I said. I still like to challenge myself sometimes, though. :slight_smile: I do believe you can get used to things. Even unbearably hot weather. And there’s different kinds of hot too. Every country has unique temperatures and weather. You just have to be smart.

// What I mean is that Australian hot would still be new to me. Right now, the Finnish hot just sucks but I wouldn’t mind Australian hot. Or something like Hong Kong humid kind of hot. Is this weird?

5 Likes

Jeg kom hjem fra ferie i sør-frankrike i går, og det er seriøst like varmt eller varmere her enn det var der nede

2 Likes

Det är hemskt! Längtar till vinter

1 Like

I’ve been in Australia 15 years and I continue to dread the height of the summer heat - I have not gotten used to it, and it gets harder to deal with the older one gets. I hope you do better than I if you do choose to move here.

I’ve lived in Sweden all my life and I’m not used to even early summer heat D:

4 Likes

I did purchase crap. It works but it’s too loud for my sensitive little ears.

1 Like

Maybe wearing earplugs/headphones/earphones would help?

1 Like

I get tinnitus from those if I use them for a long-ish period of time :sweat_smile:
So the solution for me has been only be on the computer as long as I can handle the tinnitus, then go away to “enjoy” the summer.

Well, sadly enough, all I can do is to wish you best of luck…

Maybe, these kittens would make you feel a bit better…

3 Likes

Haha, that’s alright! Thank you ^^

1 Like

Also, kittens! Awesome :heart:

1 Like

Närcon has ended. Just the post convent depression left.

The infrastructure there is almost certainly better for handling the heat though. A ride on the subway in Stockholm is pretty much an opportunity to get acquainted with strangers’ sweaty skin. Also, up north the hottest part of the day lasts much longer. I was in Berlin this weekend and was unprepared for how cool it gets in the mornings and evenings, even if the midday temperatures are equivalent.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m back!

I’ve been away for a while and now I’ve had to reboot everything from the beginning…

…but who cares! I’m back! waves flag

2 Likes

Noooo it’s the wasp time of a year! D:
One of them just decided to have a good night’s sleep in my bedroom.
I can’t find it anymore, so I set a sugar/orange trap in a jar. Thinking I shouldn’t waste a good orange, I ate it and now I’m nervous it’ll come to my mouth while I’m sleeping (yes I brushed my teeth, but…).

1 Like

Yesterday in Copenhagen felt more like a typical Danish summer than anytime else during these last few months. Windy, cloudy and a temperature of about 22 degrees (Celsius, of course…)

sigh I want it to continue like this…

2 Likes

Halloj alla skandinaver!
I’m new to this thread, so よろしく!

4 Likes

Välkommen! Dö inte i en skogsbrand

4 Likes

Tack för tipset lol. Men om man lyckas undvika bränderna dör man väl i något jävla monsunregn istället.
Global warming smh

2 Likes