The JLPT 2021 Thread (RESULTS OUT NOW!)

Yay, congrats! :tada:

Your success entitles you to take another turn next time :wink:

9 Likes

I… Passed…?..

Am I reading that correctly? Am I logged into someone’s else’s account?! How is this possible???

I’m so sorry to everyone that didn’t get it this time, I deserve to be there with you.

seriously I’m having trouble processing this, I’m just so confused

HOW?!?

44 Likes

I am also surprised
I did not plan to pass

39 Likes

Me sitting here waiting for my 不合格

Congrats to everyone though! Whether you passed or not, still a big deal to study and work so hard to take this test :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Firstly, congratulations everyone! We’ve been waiting so long for these results to come out!

I passed the N1! I got a similar mark overall to when I did N2 (December 2020) but the distribution of marks was quite different. N2 I did similarly in each section, but with N1 my listening was much worse. Funnily enough in the exam I thought it went OK…

44 Likes

Y’all broke the site haha. Before work I checked and I passed N4 overall!! I can’t get back in to check my section scores, but I’m gonna guess it was 80% kanji, 35% grammar/reading and 35% listening. Thank the almighty crabigator!

Edit:
Huh. Not what I expected. At all!

Edit 2.0:
Wait no, that tracks. I’m just thrown off by their super weird definition of A, B, and C grades.

37 Likes

Passed N2! Gonna spend another month or two going back through some grammar I didn’t hammer in and then take the N1 in July.
So freaking stoked!

25 Likes

I can’t believe I passed N3!

43 Likes

Like I somewhat expected, I failed N2.

The good thing about it: It’s a really homogeneous result.

The bad thing: 2 points were missing :sob:

48 Likes

I actually passed N1?! What happened with reading :joy: It was my worst score last time (I did read a lot since July!!) Congrats to everyone who passed, and for those who failed don’t give up you definitely can pass next time :sparkles: :sparkles:

45 Likes

Am I blind? I can’t find my registration number or voucher on the US website. Does anyone know where to look for it?

3 Likes

Congrats to all those who passed :clap: and Good luck to all those trying again :muscle:

7 Likes

Oh my god… I passed N5… by 2 points… I’m in shock

26 Likes

おめでとうございます🎉

6 Likes

After years of studying I once again failed N5. Joy.

16 Likes

Passed N3!

I left the exam feeling I had done pretty well but I’m pleasantly surprised with this result! Not sure how to feel about reading being my worst section when it’s the only thing I normally do :joy:

Congrats to everyone who took the test! :sparkles:

35 Likes

Oof. That’s discouraging. Do you know what your weak points are? I imagine at level 56 it’s not the kanjI!

5 Likes

Holy cow, I actually passed. I pray that the poor kid setting next to me scraped by, too!

I’m still thoroughly embarrassed by my reading score, though, since I was fairly confident in that section… I did go back and change several answers, so maybe my erasing ability just sucks?

29 Likes

Just barely passed! Again! At this point it’s a tradition.

And for the details:

29 Likes

Listening by far, though everything’s pretty bad. Barely failed, while actually passing each section. That’s the worst part, meeting each section’s pass/fall mark, but not the overall test’s.
I got the same overall score four years ago. Listening went up two points, language knowledge went down two.

20 Likes