The burning shame

I’m finally at the point where I am burning my old lessons and instead I find I’m second-guessing myself in embarrassing ways.

[Level 11 item] :heavy_check_mark:
[Level 11 item] :heavy_check_mark:
[Level 9 item] :heavy_check_mark:
木… Now, wait, is that a trap? Is it “man’s inhumanity to man”? We did that at 8, right? Yeah I bet that’s it. :negative_squared_cross_mark:

Whoops.

5 Likes

Old items can be weird. Today I looked at an anime poster from the anime Sono Toki , Kanojo wa (その時、カノジョは), which looked like this:

I was wrecking my brain about what 絵本 could mean although it is such basic Kanji that I definitly know, just kind of brainfarting I guess :smiley:

6 Likes

You just did the same to me :smiley:

2 Likes

Also took me a while to arrive at the answer. Pretty sure I saw this same word somewhere else within the last couple days and had no trouble reading it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

絵本 is not a part of WaniKani vocab though, correct?

No I don’t think so. Buteither kanji is and the meaning is pretty evident from that

1 Like

I would like to remind you of the word for “Carrot” and its kanji :smile:

Yes that is a case where it not evident :sweat_smile: :joy: but it is also on Wani Kani

Well, I definitely wouldn’t have expected that 絵本 should be read as アニメ as the furigana suggests.
ehon
That reminds me of the anime 宇宙よりも遠い場所, where the 宇宙 should be read as そら.

3 Likes

This has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but, holy moly that’s Eisaku’s artwork. And after a simple google search I just come to realize he’s behind a whole anime. Dear lord.

What’s the anime? And why dear lord?

Conspiracy concept… Maybe its not furigana, maybe its “Picture Anime Book” and they didnt want to draw too much attention to the anime, and didnt want to call it manga…

Sono Toki, Kanojo wa. I’m surprised and fairly excited. I’m a big fan of his work, but I didn’t know until now of this anime.

1 Like

I know your shame. I just burned dinner. (晩ご飯)

4 Likes

Like, you just burned the 晩ご飯 item on WK or did you just create lots of smoke in your kitchen?

3 Likes

No, that’ll happen later on tonight.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.