The 0/0 Streak Challenge

It’s this one, it seems: [Userscript] WK Dashboard Cockpit

3 Likes

Took long enough!

10 Likes

I missed it for the past two levels, but this time I got it!

10 Likes

Streak 1
First time seeing this challenge and I am in!
Here is my level 8

12 Likes

Just made it to level 4 a couple of days ago. So far, so good!

12 Likes

0/0 level 34:

11 Likes

Lvl: 4 Streak: 3

Gosh… it was a bit harder this time around! I love this challenge and I want to keep doing it, but this time I felt like I had to plan it a bit. I like doing 5~10 lessons max per day. I never miss my daily reviews, but much more than 5 lessons a day is a bit overwhelming for me. I can do it when they are just radicals, but for kanji I like to take my time. However, for lvl 4 I had to do 3 straight days of 20/15/15 lessons respectively to come to 0 lessons before anything new is unlocked.

Isn’t there a more chilled way to do it? Should I just unlock everything but ONE Kanji and slowly work my way through all vocabulary before unlocking the last single kanji, guru it and level up? How can you still get a 0/0 without having to do more than 10 lessons a day? Any advice?

12 Likes

~100 lessons down, what a relief :tired_face:

12 Likes

Level 46

Comeback :smiley:

12 Likes

Done with a few hours to spare before the vocab apocalypse.

13 Likes

Streak no.4. Let’s keep this going

12 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve been doing radical lessons first, then all vocab, then kanji. As long as you do your last kanji lesson before your first kanji lesson gets to guru, you’ll get 0/0. That gets you down to about 10 lessons per day depending on how many kanji the level has (30-40 kanji per level, and about 4 days to guru), but you can go as slow as you want for the radicals and vocab.

I prefer doing all the radical lessons at the beginning of a level, but you can try doing all of the radical lessons at the end so you have less kanji unlocked. It depends on how fast you’re willing learn radicals though. Don’t be afraid to plan out your lessons on paper at the start of the level. Things can get complicated if you’re trying to level up as fast as you can with X lessons per day and also get 0/0. :sweat_smile:

Remember you only need 90% of the level’s kanji to level up, so you can try waiting to do the last 5 kanji lessons until they are the only 5 lessons left. The kanji that reach guru will unlock more vocab, so you’d have to keep doing the vocab as they unlock. Maybe not a bad thing, as you will have to do that vocab at some point anyways! I haven’t actually tried waiting on the last 5 kanji like this. Does anybody else have experience doing this?

3 Likes

On the most level (normal level), unlocked lesson timing will be:

• Radical + Kanji part 1: this is unlocked when you level up
  • Kanji part 2: this is unlocked when you guru’d the radical
  • Vocab: this follows any guru’d Kanji and a bit unpredictable

If you want to adjust your pace and control when you level up, you only need to pay attention to the timing you guru’d Radical + take Kanji part 2. In the mean time, you can take Kanji part 1 and Vocab. And maybe you can distribute Kanji part 1 as well, because unlocked Vocab will be huge if you guru’d many Kanji part 1 at the same time. So be careful when taking Kanji part 2, you want to be sure that you’ve already reduce the lesson count. And I’m sure this way you can get 0/0 before level up ~

Anyway, you can read this thread for more detail My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 ) - #2 by jprspereira (section 5. Finding your own speed on Wanikani). And if you have time, maybe you can read the whole thread, it’s very eye opening (my personal experience haha).

3 Likes

Congrats you two!

3 Likes

Last free level

Now I’ll have to wait until next month, after I pay my credit card bill :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Screenshot_2021-03-28 WaniKani, a kanji learning application by Tofugu

10 Likes

0/0 level 11

11 Likes

Thank you @msbrown and @koro-san for the replies!!! It really helps me!

That is a really good idea!! I could just do the Kanji part 1 + newly unlocked vocab before I do any new radical. This way I can take my time with the Kanji/new vocab lessons (which are a bit more demanding than radicals) and spread those lessons in however many days I need, and only when all of that is done I have 3 days to focus only on radicals and get my 0/0 before I unlock kanji part 2. That way is much more doable, since radical lessons are easy to fly through.

I really want to take it slow and get my 0/0 each level without stress, and this way I think I can definetely do it! Thank you guys so much!

2 Likes

heyo all
i’m at lvl 6 with 68 lessons and no reviews… how do I do these lessons without overwhelming myself? is it generally possible to do tons of lessons at once (say… 68 at once…) and still retain the information?

1 Like

I just hit level 6 today and did 60 or so reviews to get through my radicals. My advice on that is dont do it.

I would aim for 20-30 a day and try to get through them at that sort of pace.

2 Likes