Stroke directions in just... anything. Kanji, letters, number, kana

This is bloody slow, but this is what I learned was correct in 2 different countries.
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+write+8&rlz=1C1AZAA_enAU749AU751&oq=how+to+write+8&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.7482j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_JyF2XcaNJp3A3LUPvvGI8AM19

1 Like

I can see doing it like that, but imo it gives less margin for error.

If I’m writing quickly, two circles is easy-peasy, but doing a one-stroke 8 without it coming out weird is less likely. Perhaps not, I don’t think I’ve tried changing how I write numbers in a while.

Apparently, that’s how it’s taught here as well. I don’t think too many people write it like that, tho?
Only if you want a fancy 8 or something.

This reminds me of people who write bottom to top, and it’s disturbing.

When writing an 8 I always start in the middle and in one stroke, I do the bottom circle first and then the top circle :o I’ve always done that!

1 Like

Just found out my husband writes his capital A starting at the bottom left :dizzy_face: (things that should have been covered in the pre-nup)

4 Likes

W-Wait… How else would you do it? OOO:

My capital A is a two-stroke symbol starting at the bottom left.

7 Likes

W-wait… where do you start your capital A then? o.o

1 Like

Same here!

1 Like

That is because you are not human. What can we expect?

Also I have been mostly using you (@Omun) as a cyborg mnemonic. ( 最 )

4 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+write+a+capital+a&rlz=1C1AZAA_enAU749AU751&oq=how+to+write+a+capital+A&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.7351j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_iyN2XZawCoS0mgfekZzgDQ24

1 Like

Honestly, that’s probably smarter, but weird.

3 Likes

I guess because I’m so used to writing it in 2 strokes, 3 strokes seems cumbersome to me.

⍙⊑⊬ ⎅⍜⟒⌇ ⋏⍜-⍜⋏⟒ ⏚⍜⏁⊑⟒⍀ ⌰⟒⏃⍀⋏⟟⋏☌ ⋔⊬ ⌰⏃⋏☌⎍⏃☌⟒?!

That made me laugh. :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t trust this person; writing dots on letters. :eyes: 怪しすぎる.

3 Likes

My “9”'s were indecipherable until I re-learned how to write as an adult. I think that I used to just make them as an upside down 6, but I don’t know any more. My “5”'s were messed up too. Teachers don’t realize that lefties need to be taught differently.

2 Likes

Just to emphasize where to start for beginners…???

Though we seem to have come full circle with confusing dots :thinking:

2 Likes

She’s saying where to start, don’t dot me. :eyes:

Full circle, you say. :eyes: :eight:

4 Likes

Anyone else now over-analyzing how they write letters and numbers? Like suddenly becoming aware of your tongue moving in your mouth while you speak.

7 Likes

I’m giving you this b’se I’ve already liked your post once: :heart:

2 Likes

2 strokes starting top left.

1 down, back up same way, curve over and down
2 cross stroke, from left to right

4 Likes

Upon reflection, as an adult, yes that is what I do. But as a child I learned as per the video.

5 Likes

@Roxanne13579, sorry to have derailed this thread, but perhaps you could edit the title to “…kanji and English” ! :joy:

4 Likes