Stories of the Japanese Prefectures (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

I read the pre-reading pages each day this week, and next week I will do another chapter or two. I had also ordered the Hunter vs. Hunter book which was just started last week, but the prefectures one is much more my speed. It is so much like what I read in English as a child.
Thank you all for the work that you did with vocab lists and such.

7 Likes

Bump. I bought this book when this was first posted, started reading it then had to go in to vacation mode to prepare for a 14 day road trip around Hokkaido in August. I’ve been to all 47 県 - staying overnight, some sightseeing in each minimum, & have lived in 7. I plan to read this book & all the info posted by everyone here will be very helpful.

In Hokkaido I had to make a pilgrimage to the giant claw because of this post Pilgrimage to the Giant Crab Claw Statue in Monbestu, Hokkaido & was excited like a little kid to see it. “OMG I’m finally here!” I mentioned to another tourist, “I’d be scared of the crab connected to that claw” & she replied, “Crab feast.” She wins. Yes, the moon was in perfect position in the claw; I didn’t photoshop it in to place.

10 Likes