So I gave up on level 8 for 5 months but want to start back

I feel super unmotivated and overwhelmed. Lol, should I just grind out my 1,800 reviews? In other news, first burn!

Based on my own experience, I recommend you make your way through the reviews before you continue with any lessons – don’t worry about how long it takes, even if it takes a week+ to deplete all the reviews, you’re still making progress

Just do as much as you can at a time and don’t sweat it, your motivation will (hopefully) creep back up on you :slight_smile:

You’ll be level 60 before you know it :wink:

I’m confused…

You gave up on level 8 but you’re level 12?

11 Likes

How well do you know those items?

Personally, I would just reset the level. That will delay your progress by 3 months, but if you’re here for the long haul, it will be worth to do it. Solid learning is what you should be looking for. Burning items that you don’t know by heart could hurt your learning.

Nevertheless, I am not an expert. Just my humble opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, I reset a few levels recently, and I think making sure you learn everything well will save you time in the future. I couldn’t get through my leeches anymore, but now I’ve guru’d 100-200 of them. Before I level up, I want to get most of them to master.

Anyway, you could try a reorder script and order by level to figure out which levels you know well enough.

Good luck :slight_smile:

I understand that feeling - I was sitting on level 12 for over 2 years. Every time I tried to burn the stack back down I just got tired again and it kept going back to ~2k reviews. But eventually I knuckled down to it and did around 100 reviews per day, and although my accuracy was around 50% and I kept getting extra reviews all the while, I managed to get back into it.
My recommendation is do the same thing I did and just go for it. If you’re getting horrible accuracy rates don’t worry about it because you will pick it up again eventually. Just don’t burn yourself out by setting unreasonable daily goals. It’ll take a while, but hey, at least it’ll take less than five months.

I just finally admitted to myself that I’d put in very little effort on levels 22 and 23 due to summer holidays and doing other things. As the reviews got to 500+ and I was down as low as 50-60% accuracy (usually 88%+) I decided to reset to 22. A good decision. I feel I am learning far better and the stuff I do recall is a nice confidence boost - maybe I wasn’t so bad after all.

Very first thought!!

Going through this process right now - abandoned WK on level 23 back in April, accumulated over 2000 reviews, and am now getting back into the swing of things. I didn’t really fancy resetting or restarting, so what I’m doing is as follows:

• Churn through all the reviews. It takes a while, but you’ll get there eventually! You’ll have forgotten A LOT, but don’t fret, you’ll get it back again soon. And hey, you’ll probably remember quite a bit too, and it might even get you a bunch of burned items. Aim for 100 a day, or more if you’re keen. Just get them done!

• Use a couple of userscripts to test burned items from way back when. You’ll probably have forgotten a bunch of stuff that WK thinks you have burned into your memory. I don’t trust myself that much. So I used a combo of userscripts to test myself, and to reset forgotten stuff:
    **** To quiz yourself on burned items (or non-burned as well, if you wanna): [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz
    *** To bulk reset items from burned: [Userscript] Burn Manager (Review / Resurrect / Retire)

• At this point, my Apprentice items had gone up from 50 back when I’d quit, to over 500. I saw similar increases in my Guru items. Pretty grim. Now you just do reviews as normal, checking the mnemonics and notes to reignite those dim memories. No new lessons just yet. Your Apprentice items will eventually go up to Guru, and some Guru items may fall down to Apprentice. Just keep going!

• Once your Apprentice items are at a manageable level (50-100 or so), get back into those lessons. At this point, you should be back on track.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.