Slooshy’s Study Log 🦑

Omg was browsing Reddit just now and ran across this:

It’s just hours and hours of italki conversations.

Just clicked on the first one posted, all the way at the bottom of the video listing and…分かりました!!!
えとうう、半分くらい。

2 Likes

I’m writing this post so that Slooshy さん would be able to make new entries in this log despite the “No more than three posts in a row” rule.

3 Likes

ハ-トは豆です!(^。^)

2 Likes

十三の段階までは一時間で〜す。
“1 hour left until level 13”は日本語で何と言いますか?

1 Like

豆で作ったけど、宝石のように綺麗ですね。

1 Like
Attempted translation

New-to-me:綺麗 きれいPretty
They’re made of beans, but nonetheless they’re pretty as jewels!!!

そうですわね!

2 Likes

Yes, or Although it’s made of beans, it’s pretty as a jewel, isn’t it?

1 Like

トランクレアさんに豆の心を伝えている…

1 Like

Aghhhhh I gotta get through all my remaining vocabs to open up level thirteen lolol ohhhh nooo!!!

2 Likes

どうもありがとうございました!

スルーシーさん、頑張ってください!

2 Likes

Noob…

No, but honestly don’t worry too much about grammar. It’s fine if you reach level 15-20 without grammar. Once you have a good amount of Kanji under your belt, learning grammar will feel like a breeze. Just don’t take too long :smiley:

3 Likes

:smile: :blush: :sparkling_heart:

Thank you for the encouraging information that it’s ok to be slow about grammar up to 15-20 or so!!! That’s enormously helpful to hear. :rocket:

1 Like

I don’t recommend being slow but Kanji knowledge matters more than anything else so it’s the highest priority. After you have like 1000 Kanji you can do whatever you want.

I was also kind of talking to myself because I started learning grammar when I was level 30 lol. I tried to play some Pokemon games when I started and I got a big slap in the face :joy:

3 Likes

Hahahahaha I hear you on the Pokémon slap :laughing: I had the same thing when I started trying to play Let’s Go! But it seems to have helped me recognize 研究助手… xD

2 Likes

Maybe a bit late, but for next time my attempt at the translation:

13レベルまではあと一時間です。
実はもう13レベルになりましたよね。 :slight_smile:

Anyways, congrats on the level-up! :confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Thank you for the big help with translation (excited!!!) and thank you also for your sweet encouragement!!

3 Likes

I just “read” this (kinda?):

Terrible “translation” summary thing:
Says that researchers at Tokyo University put out a pamphlet to help elderly people save themselves from ending up extremely physically compromised by the social distancing measures…? Lists some stuff to do to combat atrophy and let people live the way they want to…? Get outside and get some exercise, get some sun, eat foods that help maintain muscle, particularly like protein and vitamin D. Some foods that can help are miso, and yogurt…? Be sure to eat some of this stuff every day to help keep your body strong? Stay out of the hospital? (Or were they recommending that hospitals serve more miso and yogurt?)

2 Likes

New words possibly learned:
筋肉
タンパク
タンパク質

1 Like

equally important: 筋肉痛 :slight_smile:

Also: just got this recommended the other day. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Awesome!!! I remember that guy!!! There used be little plastic figures of that guy that boys would collect and show off on the school bus when I was a first or second grader!!!

2 Likes