Should I use anki to help me memorize?

@Mods See the post I am replying to. I have requested a typo in the title to be fixed and nothing happened. Could you get the typo fixed please?

1 Like

If you do both anki and WK at the same time, it might get a bit overwhelming. Well, mostly if you are trying to level up quickly here. But it is possible. As of now, I’ve stopped adding new words into my anki deck because I’m doing the fast levels on WK and, well, schoolwork… It’s a little too much.
If you use anki, I’d like to suggest that you make your own deck. Avoid those 2k, 5k, 10k core decks. I think them boring and sometimes inefficient. By making your own deck, you will learn words that interest you, as well as in proper context. Don’t worry, they’ll rack up handsomely. If you’re starting out, you might find like 400 or 500 words you don’t know in just one anime episode.
I must say, I did wait a little before diving. Many WK words show up in native material, but not enough.
Good luck! Remember that doing anki reviews is faster than WK! Which means you may learn at a faster rate. Also, I know anki means “memorize” but use it as a tool, alright? It will help you learn and familiarize yourself with words, but don’t overdo it! What’s really important is immersion!

What I started doing today was creating a deck (Kitsun, not anki, but same difference) with a card for every item I fail in a review. I’m hoping it will stop these things coming back round and leeching me, hehe.

3 Likes

It looks like another user has already fixed it, but thanks for tagging us! We’ll get to it next time!

3 Likes

When you get to level 55, you will learn “this” … WaniKani / Kanji / 之

1 Like

me reading that:

I’ve seen this before. hmm
*clicks* link これ
Ohhhh it’s zhī, funny that they use the same character for これ, given that they both mean this.
wait a minute!

I’m feeling a little bit stupid right now, if I’m honest

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.